Hot-Toys WW2 Clothes Compatibility?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Hot-Toys WW2 Clothes Compatibility?

Hot-Toys WW2 Clothes Compatibility?

Hello folks of onesixthwarriors,

It is my first post on this site and I was unsure where to put this topic so please forgive me in advance if this has been posted before and, or is in the wrong section(I could not find any other posts regarding the subject).

The project I am presently working on is a WW1-WW2 "Steam Punk" diorama.

I am new to kit-bashing and have recently purchased a Hot-Toys ttm19 muscular body and a custom head sculpt for it. (I also have a few other Hot-Toys random bodies ttm22's)

I do not own a sewing machine and my sewing skills are practically non existent anyway(Well... there was that one time involving needle, thread and bloodied thumbs and fingers...)so custom creations is not really an option at present, so it leads me on to this question.

What brands of 1/6 items (WW1 or WW2 German military) clothing currently available would fit the ttm19 muscular Hot-Toys body? I like the look of some Dragon/DID items but I am hesitant to purchase anything that may not fit.

Have any of you worked with the ttm19 and what brands/companies did you find are compatible?

Also if you could advise on what works well with the ttm22 would be great.

Or if there is a topic somewhere which has a list compiled of what brands/companies are compatible and you can give me a kick in that direction it would be much appreciated!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Teutoberg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Hot-Toys WW2 Clothes Compatibility?

Welcome Aboard, make yourself at home. WW2 clothes by SS and DiD should work. HT TT is still the best body around when it comes to clothes compatibility, it is like the template for all makers. Knockoffs popping around were all based off HT TT. Although sometimes some clothes won't work because the clothes were made from a figure shorter or slimmer like BBIs and DML. DML uniform is perfect for its own line of figure. Nowadays? Any maker's line of clothing will definitely work on a Regular/Advanced/Narrow HT TT.
    You also have to take into consideration that HT make different TT for specific application. Your question on TTM 19? Yes. TTM22 that is the Slim, it can take layering of clothes, like suit or with a jacket. Pants length can also be a factor but hardly.
    TTM19 is a muscle body, a TT that needs to show off the body's definition, expose the muscles. To use WW2 uniform defeats its purpose but of course you can, why not?
    I am not sure if there ever was a topic about which clothes will fit which brand of figure, often a member will just post if he has a question.
    Another point to consider is the HT TTM 20, the super hero body, in my experience is the body that you will have a problem looking for clothes. I only have 2 as reserve in case one of my superheroes gets injured, I actually prefer the TTM19 than 20, my issue are not much headsculpt available, then again it is easy to dress up. I also like TTM16 over TTM 18 & 14
    Lastly the DAM/ACE body...they wear XXL pants, their clothes fit only for them, but you can use on a HT TT. Hope this helps.
    My advice to you just buy the knockoffs, they are affordable and I think well made, a lot of members had posted positive feedbacks about it.

Thanks for the swift reply. The information you have given me really helps, ordered some DiD clothing.

So far I have compatibility for Hot-Toys:

Yes

DiD
    SS
    DAM/ACE - Maybe

No

BBI
    DML

Another quick question, I have one of those standard neck connectors for 1/6th bodies and I'm thinking of using the Ryder Watson DAM head for one of the characters in my diorama. Do DAM heads look natural on a HT body(ttm16/18/19/22)? Or is there any types of heads folks recommend?

Bit of a perfectionist so I am.

Cheers

Teutoberg

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, DAM HS is a direct match, just plug it in. It will look natural because DAM HS are almost identical to HT, in size, length, color ( HS nowadays has similar skin tones ) or fleshtones, both makers has consistency. Thats what kept HT distinct its compatibility and versatility of the TTMs. DAM HS complements the TTM16 better than 18 if kitted out lightly, 18 if like a soldier in full battle ensemble.

TTM 19 can only take one specific DAM, the DevGru. Bigger newer SS can go in via hot water treatment. The TTM22 can take the old SS small puny HS, just use the long neck connector. The HT slim has an issue, it needs a smaller HS because the body is slim and sort of thin, it will look funny and unproportioned if you place a HS like DAM Watson or similar in size