One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Silicone Paint

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  k00laid 
#1 ·
I found this line of paints made specifically for painting silicone, it was developed by a doll artist so I think it should work well on the silicone seamless bodies. I've never tried it myself as I'm new to the squishy bodies. If anyone tries it please let us know as I'm curious myself to see how it works.

http://www.artmolds.com/cirius-silicone-paints-2-oz.html

#2 · (Edited)
So, I ordered this stuff off of Dick Blick. Looks, uh, hand produced? Like, the labels had been printed off a computer and taped on lol

Anyway, followed the instructions, made sure the body I was using had been cleaned (it wasn't seamless but a HT torso), and no luck.
It peeled off every time.

Was thinking about getting some Psycho Paint and out of the thinners that Smooth-on offers, buy the matte one
But I think for now, I'll work with a hard plastic body.

Editing to add that I'm pretty new to this kind of material too, and I'm not finding much info on modding so far.

Editing again to add this link:
Silicone Severed Hand Tutorial, Pt. 2, Painting | Freakmo - YouTube

She gives suggestions on painting and talks about thoroughly cleaning the silicone beforehand. Might be of use

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.