This is my simple general purpose pants pattern; it can be adapted to many uses. Pants are a relatively easy sewing project, and good for beginning tailors to try. Making this pair requires cutting just four pieces.
1. Sew backs together at the butt.
2. Sew front to back at the side seam. Repeat on other side.
3. Iron & hem cuffs & waistband.
4. Starting at bottom, sew one leg together. Repeat for other leg.
5. Sew front inseam together, stopping at fly.
6. Turn pants outside out.
7. Iron & hem fly on left side. (Just leave the right side unfinished to under lap.)
8. Sew on a snap, or velcro, at waist band.
Once you get the hang of it, try adding knee patches, cargo pockets, back pockets, a separate waistband, or belt loops. Try making knee breeches, riding breeches, shorts, or blue jeans.