One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

U.S. Army's new camo is...Scorpion.

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  88Reaper88 
#1 ·
G
#2 ·
Interesting pattern design. It looks almost identical to MC. I also read a newspaper article a short while ago saying the Army was test wearing a new cammie. A picture of few soldiers wearing something like AOR2 was attached to it. So this Scorpion pattern comes as a surprise to me. I thought they were going to align the cammie design with Navy and Marines. I'm quite interested in the design development of the cammie pattern from a graphic design point of view. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

#3 ·
I thought they were going to align the cammie design with Navy and Marines.
What's funny about that, TS, is that the corps, for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseum on this and other boards, won't even share their pattern with the Navy, their "parent" branch, so the Army's new camo can't be aligned theirs, as they're not even aligned with each other. I want to see the CJCS man up and tell all of the services to wear the same camouflage uniform while engaged in ground operations.

On the original subject of this post, I'm glad to see the Army finally pick a good pattern. Now, PLEASE redesign the fatigue uniform! The ACU uniform blouse looks like a maternity top!!!

#5 ·
Thats the funny thing, the Army adopted the ACU in the hopes that it would reduce the overall costs, because you dont need to field different camo pattern uniforms for different environments, at least that was the plan. With the experience gathered in Afghanistan and other places, it became obvious that the ACU pattern would not cut it in these regions, thats why MultiCam was fielded to the troops in Afghanistan in some years ago.

I recall how everyone groaned when the ACU was adopted and how it was clear that this pattern was everything but not "universal". Back when I first saw it, I thought the Army was testing a Urban pattern and thats what it was kind of intended for. Now 10 years later, it seems the Army came to the same conclusion.

Now the whole process starts all over again and at the time the new uniform is fielded something better shows up that will most likely replace it.

I often wonder if people at the Pentagon dont have any foresight/hindsight.

#6 ·
It's kind of funny. For a long time NO ONE was going the MultiCam route and now it seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. The U.K. and Denmark have switched to MC unis. Who's next? All of NATO, Ukraine, Vladistan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.