One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

BDU Jackets, are they usually tucked in?

28K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  DJCummings 
#1 ·
I've noticed in some pictures that some US soldiers/marines tuck their BDUs in their pants. Is this normally done in a desert enviroment? What is preferred?

#30 ·
Once again, airsoft, paintball, etc...it don't matter, the question was asked by Armchair Ranger: I've noticed in some pictures that some US soldiers/marines tuck their BDUs in their pants. Is this normally done in a desert enviroment? What is preferred? So, if you have no real military experience it don't matter!

#35 ·
There was another photo of that kid hanging around the net sometime ago. He was carrying a 240, which is on the ground behind him in this scene. And iirc correctly, the obese kid was a legit victim to some thyroid condition.

And I do have to admit that I only wish I had this level of toys available to me when I was a wee lad!! Sure beats the little toy plastic M1 helmet , rifles we had!!

#38 ·
Amen!!! Those were the days.

#42 ·
we upped the ante with the BB-guns at one time and would use bow and arrows. we cut the practice tips off and made beanbag tips with rice and leather satchels tied on. hurt like hell especially if you got hit in the diaphram (sp)

#43 ·
Sometimes games like this can come to a tragic end - I knew a kid who played 'wargames' with his friends using .22 rimfires (I dunno whether they messed with the loads or what) .. end result was that one kid got hit in the wrong spot and the 'little' round perforated his heart - game over. It might be construed as extreme but I get really pissed off whenever I see anyone pointing even toy guns or replicas at anyone else in jest ...

#44 ·
As I got older and learned to respect any kind of firearm and /or weapon, I found the antics of my youth really stupid. But hey, I was a very stupid kid always up for a challenge and danger, damn the consequences. I would have beat my daughter senseless if I ever caught her doing some of the crap I pulled.

Back on topic..... I think the airsofter in question above is actually the top secret new Army SF unit I heard about prior to retirement. It seems that the Army in these tough financial times has been concerned about supplies and rations being overtaken by AQ forces. I heard they created a new SF Branch to counter the attacks against the chow and supply lines. REMF-CC (Command Corps). Apparently JSOC felt the best way yo protect these supply lines was to enlist and train those that would feel the biggest loss, the overfed under-worked REMF's. Must be working just look how that elite operator is protecting his fellow mess hall cook with his only body, and under fire even. No AQ tango is gonna eat his twinkie tonight.

OK really back on topic. In my last deployment a few of the soldiers in my unit, myself included would tuck our ACU shirts into our pants outside the wire. No soldier would be caught dead doing this inside the wire as a 1SGT or SMG would rip your ... though your neck. I wore it this way just to keep the shirt from riding up under my body armor and to keep sand out. It was fairly common for soldiers to do this but more of a personal preference and by no-means official.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.