BDU Jackets, are they usually tucked in? - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BDU Jackets, are they usually tucked in?

Re: BDU Jackets, are they usually tucked in?

Quote Originally Posted by hqpham View Post
    can't really tell if airsoft tuck or not from this picture http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5374/k33fb8.jpg
    Just look at the fat F&%KING POS firing the pistol and you'll know it's not real!
    [email protected]
    US Marines, when it absolutely, positively needs to be destroyed overnight.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by markdrake View Post
    Just look at the fat F&%KING POS firing the pistol and you'll know it's not real!

Oh come on maybe he was just a REMF that loved MRE's.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." -Dr. Seuss

lol holy jeez that's a big dude. If airsoft is fake then why does that guy have/need so many knives?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steve74 View Post
    lol holy jeez that's a big dude. If airsoft is fake then why does that guy have/need so many knives?
    Reminds me of the USAF type I met who was in an Engineer Squadron telling me he was an 'EXPERT' with all Infantry level weapons....
    [email protected]

There was another photo of that kid hanging around the net sometime ago. He was carrying a 240, which is on the ground behind him in this scene. And iirc correctly, the obese kid was a legit victim to some thyroid condition.

And I do have to admit that I only wish I had this level of toys available to me when I was a wee lad!! Sure beats the little toy plastic M1 helmet , rifles we had!!

Brother when I was a wee lad we just used BB guns on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by markdrake View Post
    I hope you realize I was being sarcastic in my post.

Amen!!! Those were the days.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." -Dr. Seuss

Some of the older kids in the neighborhood were doing that until one lost an eye Of course, it couldn't have happened to a better person, as he was the type that even as a young one, everyone knew was nothing but a grade A POS and trouble! Even to this day, I am not all together sure it was accident, heh. And by the time I was I old enough to have any sort of projectile throwing weapon, I already had my hunting rifles, so BB guns were childs play

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Rifles View Post
    Some of the older kids in the neighborhood were doing that until one lost an eye Of course, it couldn't have happened to a better person, as he was the type that even as a young one, everyone knew was nothing but a grade A POS and trouble! Even to this day, I am not all together sure it was accident, heh. And by the time I was I old enough to have any sort of projectile throwing weapon, I already had my hunting rifles, so BB guns were childs play

Was his name Ralphie ?? sorry Christmas Story referrence. We took some injuries as well but what the hell it just made us tough. lol

I remember rock fights, the goal was to hit each other but not try to get hurt....4 stitches later in my forehead my dad asked me, "So, any more rock fights in the future?"
    [email protected]

we upped the ante with the BB-guns at one time and would use bow and arrows. we cut the practice tips off and made beanbag tips with rice and leather satchels tied on. hurt like hell especially if you got hit in the diaphram (sp)

Sometimes games like this can come to a tragic end - I knew a kid who played 'wargames' with his friends using .22 rimfires (I dunno whether they messed with the loads or what) .. end result was that one kid got hit in the wrong spot and the 'little' round perforated his heart - game over. It might be construed as extreme but I get really pissed off whenever I see anyone pointing even toy guns or replicas at anyone else in jest ...

Quote Originally Posted by filupe View Post
    Sometimes games like this can come to a tragic end - I knew a kid who played 'wargames' with his friends using .22 rimfires (I dunno whether they messed with the loads or what) .. end result was that one kid got hit in the wrong spot and the 'little' round perforated his heart - game over. It might be construed as extreme but I get really pissed off whenever I see anyone pointing even toy guns or replicas at anyone else in jest ...

As I got older and learned to respect any kind of firearm and /or weapon, I found the antics of my youth really stupid. But hey, I was a very stupid kid always up for a challenge and danger, damn the consequences. I would have beat my daughter senseless if I ever caught her doing some of the crap I pulled.

Back on topic..... I think the airsofter in question above is actually the top secret new Army SF unit I heard about prior to retirement. It seems that the Army in these tough financial times has been concerned about supplies and rations being overtaken by AQ forces. I heard they created a new SF Branch to counter the attacks against the chow and supply lines. REMF-CC (Command Corps). Apparently JSOC felt the best way yo protect these supply lines was to enlist and train those that would feel the biggest loss, the overfed under-worked REMF's. Must be working just look how that elite operator is protecting his fellow mess hall cook with his only body, and under fire even. No AQ tango is gonna eat his twinkie tonight.

OK really back on topic. In my last deployment a few of the soldiers in my unit, myself included would tuck our ACU shirts into our pants outside the wire. No soldier would be caught dead doing this inside the wire as a 1SGT or SMG would rip your ... though your neck. I wore it this way just to keep the shirt from riding up under my body armor and to keep sand out. It was fairly common for soldiers to do this but more of a personal preference and by no-means official.

An old SMG of mine got on me once for having my hands in my pockets, I told him they were lethal weapons and they were just in their holsters. He laughed because he knew I was the head Combatives instructor for the Batt.

He need those for cutting food

I tucked my blouse in during obstacle courses, rappelling, on the range occasionally and whenever heading outside the wire as it does allow easier access to some gear. However, in garrison it was never done