One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Kitchen Sink Military Freefall

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ActionMan 
#1 ·
I just got this off of Facebook. I don't know any specifics on the Soldier, unit or mission, but that is just a KICKASS image! Now, as many of you know, I rail against HALO bashes that are over burdened with excess "cool" gear. If you look at this guy, despite the fact that he is loaded down like an artillery mule, everything on him properly secured, and will still be with him when he hits the ground. And I gotta say, I wish that I was standing on that ramp with him!

See less See more
#3 ·
Google says he's French - http://rpdefense.over-blog.com/albatros-les-forces-spéciales-en-infiltration-sous-voile

Google translate gives the English text as:

Albatros Special Forces infiltration under sail 09/07/2013 Army

End of June 2013, Special Forces Army followed for a week driving campaign infiltration under sail ( ISV ) Albatros in south- western France .

Organized by the Special Forces Brigade Land ( BFST ) , this drive has gathered scores of soldiers from all components of the Special Operations Command (SOC) . These units are the only ones in France hold expertise OXY is ie infiltration under sail at very high height ( TGH ) .

This sharp technique is to conduct day or night parachute jumps under oxygen ( hence the term capacity OXY ) in the utmost discretion. Dropping up to nearly 10 000m . The parachute opens shortly after the release of the aircraft and soldiers derive canopy over several tens of kilometers depending on weather conditions and the situation on the ground . Asked the night is done without markup , in unacknowledged and often cramped areas .

This method of implementation is particularly effective and tailored to the requirements of special operations as it ensures both the safety of aircraft flying at high altitude and in a total stealth infiltration operators.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.