Which is your weapon of choice? // AKs, MPs, M4s, FN, etc..

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is your weapon of choice? // AKs, MPs, M4s, FN, etc..

Exclamation Which is your weapon of choice? // AKs, MPs, M4s, FN, etc..

Uzis, Steyr UMP and TMP

after searching the militaryphotos.net for foreign special units i realize a handful of spec ops uses Uzis and UMP, issit true tt it ish a very gd personal arm weapon??
    Last edited by xeon_inc; 08-15-2005 at 02:21.
    Be Protologist, Not Plagiarist

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

basx is offline prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
    xeon:
    Yup they are.

xavier

well a UMP would be alot better than an uzi as far as accuracy even stopping power. also the UMP has the ability to easily add a forward girp, or aimpoint or other useful features. there are variants of Uzi weapons that can do the same but the UMP is Much better overall.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The Ump is awesome... I shot the Civillian USC carbine version... Great accuracy compaired to an UZI...

The Round is also larger... You can get a UMP in 9mm/.40 call too though.

The Uzi is a little out dated in my eye, and a UMP is more versitale (modular rails can be added)
    "I gotta jar of diiiirt, I gotta jar of diiirt, and guess whats inside it!" - Jack Sparrow
    I brought payment. *BANG!* Look, an undead monkey! - Jack Sparrow

and the UMP looks way cooler

by comparing which ish better?

Steyr TMP or Uzi

since Uzi ish a little too old for nowadays operation, i will choose a TMP..

wait a minute the TMP and UMP are 2 different things the UMP is made by H&K and has a completely different look than an TMP
    UMP

TMP

and the TMP is better than an UZI but the UMP is better of the 3

Between those three, it depends on what you're doing. The TMP and some of the Uzi varients look a bit more compact than the UMP, but you can't really go wrong with an H&K. I've seen accessories and rails for the TMP also. here check it out.

Just an FYI, the TMP is actually no longer produced by Steyr. Brugger and Thomet purchased the design from Steyr in '01 or '02. They made about 20 significant design changes, and due to these changes, they changed the name of the pistol to MP9.
    Roses are red, Violets are blue. I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
    ~ Oscar Levant

See My Trade References Here

Yes, I believe the new TMP (non styer) has a colapsing stock alot similar to that of a mini uzi...

That being said.. The UMP looks big, but its not... With the stock folded the main reciever housing is the length of a TMP the barrel and foregrip give it about 8 more inches...

The Full size uzi with stock folded is probably the same size as a UMP with the stock folded, the UMP might be a tad longer...

The TMP is the smallest, However my experince with the mini uzi would tell me that the TMP is probably extremly hard to control and only good for Body guard / Personal Defense work

The UMP and Uzi are better short to mid range guns.
    "I gotta jar of diiiirt, I gotta jar of diiirt, and guess whats inside it!" - Jack Sparrow

What I understand about the HK UMP, and I could be wrong, is that it is designed as a lower-cost alternative to the MP-5 series, for organizations that don't have as big a budget. In which case, would you say that, money no object, the best choice would be one of the MP-5 variants? Uniqueness not being a factor, that is.

HJ
    Dedicated to all the Brothers and Sisters who had enough of the Man.

Actually The UMP is not a lower cost alternative as much as it is a replacement to the mp5.

The Ump is designed off the g36 gas system, which is more efficient. The mp5 is based off the g3 system, This system is old and outdated, and technology has advanced since then.

The polymer holds up better than steel . The weapon wont freeze up in cold weather.

You can get which ever Caliber you want. Be it 9mm, 40 cal, or .45 Cal (i think theres even a 10 mm) The Mp5 only comes in 9mm, There are some 40 cal and 10 mm versions, however these were special order options, i think they only went to some LE organizations in Europe.

A new addition is last round hold open. Which means you can stick a mag in and slap the release and your ready to go, and MP5 doesnt have this option (they were a few, but that was a special order for some state side Govt agency i believe). On the Mp5, every time you empty a mag, you have to open the bolt, stick in a new mag, and slap the knob to close the bolt.

Also, the Mp5 is a very costly gun, Adding a RAS system from KAC to this weapon after buying it is costly. However buying rails for the UMP forgrip would only run you $50 - 100, I think the RAS system is around $300 - 400, maybe even $500. And add acessories on top of that and you get a High price weapon.

Is the UMP cheaper than the Mp5? Yes, Is the UMP worse than the Mp5? No.

Dont forget about the HK MP7.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which is your weapon of choice? // AKs, MPs, M4s, FN, etc..-2-jpg  

Here's the gun the UMP replaced, the MP5/40.
    No longer produced, still cool tho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which is your weapon of choice? // AKs, MPs, M4s, FN, etc..-brian%20squared%20up-jpg  

MP9

another question, hehex..if to fight off heavily armed suspects. which rifle or sub-mac would u guys be using?

AKs
    MPs
    M4/16s
    FN
    etc...??

to be honest, i would rather hav an AK series, though it's old, but it's powerful..!!

either an HK G36 or G3 or an M4A3 shorty with SIR System and all the good hook ups.

Originally posted by xeon_inc
    another question, hehex..if to fight off heavily armed suspects. which rifle or sub-mac would u guys be using?

AKs
    MPs
    M4/16s
    FN
    etc...??

to be honest, i would rather hav an AK series, though it's old, but it's powerful..!!
    The one I have.

And the one you have happens to be?

So between UMP, TMP and Uzi, which has the fastest firing rate..?

UZI: 600
    Mini Uzi: 950
    Micro Uzi: 1250
    TMP: 800-900
    UMP: 600 - 700

within two hours away from east coast spec.ops (Army, Navy, and USMC)As well as C.I.A. SOG and Blackwater
    M4! No doubt about it here. AK's are cool as long as they are not made in Romania. MP5 as long as it is not a sear gun like I had..shotty workmanship turned me off to them until this past weekend when I shot a MP5SD.

Here are my choices, out of personal thoughts, IM not making them based on wether or not id want a whole army using them....

First off would be the Ninkov An 94
    ive heard it is great, russia would have more but it just is too expensive to rearm all the troops with... The Barrel recoils reducing recoil in the whole gun, you can double tap 2 rounds and put one virtually right behind the other...

My second choice would be the Hk32, i would add a Ras system. It looks to have the hk33, or g3 grip, so it could be added.

Before you ask, Yes this is a real HK gun, not some hack's custom job. And No, it never made it to production...

**Edit**

Just found this Singapor SAR 21 RIS rifle, looks pretty tight.... The regular sar21 is nice too, one of the nicer bullpups out there, (i dont like bullpups too much)

As for other stuff (no cool pictures anymore)

The Latest ak74s (with the black furniture) would be awesome too, as the machining quailty is a bit better..

I am also a M1a Socom (first version) fan... I like these rifles alot...
    Last edited by Pvt. Ryan HOH; 08-18-2005 at 15:22.

LOLX, Singapore SAR 21 RIS rifle.. anyway im gonna be in singapore army force soon, will be carrying SAR 21..
    from wad i noe, SAR 21 ish not design for left handers, sad..

heh sorry to hear that man.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    UZI: 600
    Mini Uzi: 950
    Micro Uzi: 1250
    TMP: 800-900
    UMP: 600 - 700
    1250 Firing Rate's alot..! But guess one's gonna get lotsa recoil from that..~ Still, thanks Solid Snake..~

No problem Paper Clipz!

Probably a Springfield SOCOM16 with a EOTech. But it always depends on what you wanna do with the rifle...