One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Which is your weapon of choice? // AKs, MPs, M4s, FN, etc..

16K views 60 replies 31 participants last post by  Nick Fury 2002 
#1 · (Edited)
Uzis, Steyr UMP and TMP

after searching the militaryphotos.net for foreign special units i realize a handful of spec ops uses Uzis and UMP, issit true tt it ish a very gd personal arm weapon??

#54 ·
Always have and always will luvs the 1911A1, tho they are a bit like White Castles. My Model29 falls into the "different tools for different jobs" category. The Model 500 S&W 4" I shot, if you hit the guy, I believe he's going down, and bonus - his buds will be dazed by the muzzle flash, if not incinerated by it, LOL. Admittedly, the real drawback to revolvers is round capacity.

Concerning shot placement, I've always remembered a story from the old American Rifleman "Armed Citizen" column:
Two guys in a line at a hardware store got into an arguement, the one guy pulls a .25 automatic and puts rounds into the second guy at close range, all in the forehead.
The guy falls back into a tool display, sprawled out. As the shooter is somewhat civil, he doesn't put any more rounds into the guy, but leans in to confirm status.
That's when one of the downed guy's hands close around a LHRN shovel handle, and he whangs the gunmen in the skull.

The shovel guy lives, all those slow FMJs ran around under the skin, rather than penetrating the skull. The gunmen is dead from masive head trauma.

There's a whole world of weaponry out there, including a lot of items not normally considered for lethal application. I guess to me the first choice would involve experience and comfort, and after that, adaptability.

If that guy's 25 had only been a 25mm 2-shot Bushmaster derringer.

#56 ·
i believe that the .25 story relates to shot placement. to many variables in life, but the forehead has been known to deflect some bullets. recent story about a police officer shooting the hostage taker in the head with a single mp5 9mm. he lived but it knocked him the hell out.

#61 ·
Being retired military, prior LEO Tactical operator, all around gun nut, and owner of many different types I prefer whatever I have on hand that goes bang when I need it to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.