One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Rhodesia and South Africa Special Forces

105K views 86 replies 28 participants last post by  panzerwerk 
#1 ·
Add your reference pics here!

Attachments

See less See more
#57 · (Edited)
A book I've recently finished reading, André Diedericks' "Journey Without Boundaries", the story of a Recce officer in the 1970s and 1980s.

http://www.justdone.co.za/catalog/pr...roducts_id/141

If ever you want to purchase the book, be sure to order the SA version which has colour photographs, rather than the international version which has B&W photos (I've myself made the mistake).

#61 ·
Happy Antilope,
The article was published in the British magazine Military Illustrated, in the late 80s or early 90s.
IMHO, the first 50 or so issues of MI were outstanding, but the quality dropped somehow when the editing staff was changed. Except for a few issues, I stopped purchasing the magazine afterwards.

#66 ·
The saint and filupe thanks for the responces...and thanks alot for the link Filupe..I am going to contact that guy about making one of those rigs for me.

the Saint I love the collection of Rhodesian stuff...great refference for me on some illustrations I have been working on of Selous Scouts. Where do you get most of your stuff?

#67 ·
Brownwater1977, thanks for your comment. I started collecting more than 12 years ago. I got stuff from all over the world, South Africa, USA, UK, Australia, and certainly a few other countries as well. EvilBay is now a important source, but it has made the prices of some items - principaly of famous units RLI, Selous Scouts and RhSAS- to rocket.
I would be very interested in seeing your illustrations when they will be completed. I used to paint military illustrations as a hobby before adding a third dimension some years ago and joining this merry band.

#72 ·
Wow, these are some great pics. Thanks for sharing.

I've got a question about SADF 32 battalion kit that I'd really appreciate some help with. Did the Biregard caps have two (left and right) or three (left, center, right) panels? I'm getting together a 32 bn impression for airsoft, and I'm thinking of sewing my own cap, as I don't like the idea of running around in original gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.