Dyeing hair [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Dyeing hair

darth fatso
01-04-2009, 19:04
This may not be the right section to put this so if it isn't I apologize in advance and the mods/admins can move it to the appropriate section.

I'm thinking about purchasing HT's female Secret Service ERT figure to bash a custom Jill Valentine figure but I'm undecided on whether to get the blonde or brunette version. The only problem I have with the brunette version is the hair is redder than I prefer for Jill and I was wondering are there any dyes out there I can use to give the hair a more natural brunette color that won't stain the plastic on the figures head and which would be easier to dye?

cree82
01-04-2009, 19:13
have you thought about using a wig. You can find a bunch under 27cm dollfie wigs.

darth fatso
01-04-2009, 20:09
have you thought about using a wig. You can find a bunch under 27cm dollfie wigs.

I suppose I could but I'd feel really awkward doing so. As it is I allready feel kinda weird getting a female "action figure" and putting a wig on one just seems... idk kinda creepy lol, though I guess it's no less creepy than dyeing it's hair :lol

Warlordskeep
02-09-2009, 07:50
You have to remember doll hair is made of Nylon. So it's basically a plastic. Any dye that will dye the hair will dye the figure too. If you don't want mess with a wig I suggest doing a reroot instead of dyeing. It's not as hard as it sounds. I do it while watching movies.
If you have any questions im me. I rerooted more than my share of heads.

Paul