New to the group and saying Hi [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : New to the group and saying Hi

JBen
07-08-2019, 00:39
Hey there, all!

I'm an old-timer who grew up with Gi Joe in the 60's and am working on my second childhood, but with some much better skills. I spend more of my time writing mysteries and science fiction stories than I do getting to play with my 1/6 scale figures, but I'm also putting together some scale buildings from Alaska and Canada for displays.

One bit of advice: if your wife says "Why can't you build something like that for me and my Barbies?" NEVER say "Sure, sure, whatever."

Because if you do, you will end up building a New York City brownstone from 1910...

JBen

russcal
07-08-2019, 11:27
Welcome to OSW JBen!

You’ve got some impressive building skills there... very motivating!

Looking forward to what you work up next!

PT309USN
07-09-2019, 11:09
JBen, welcome. Nice diao's. We may have a lot in common! I'm more of a vehicle and support systems guy as well.
Getting back to you, I get the impression to are from the Great White North from your displays.
Keep it coming! Looking forward to the next one you come up with. How about a Log cabin.

Unifetish
07-11-2019, 05:07
Impressive builds, and love the staged scenarios. The polar bear scene made me smile. I could see the bear trying to climb up and invariably knocking the ladder down. Yours scenes have a lot of life to them. Look forward to seeing more.