One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Good morning!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Awsd1987 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am from the Houston area and have finally decided to get into this hobby after quite a few years of watching from afar. Once I finally figured out that I already had 90% of the equipment needed to actually customize head sculpts and such I decided to take the plunge and try out a new medium.

I am currently awaiting a shipment of "Trevor Philips" (GTA5) heads from Kai Studio overseas and have been steady sourcing every scrap of extra info I can before they arrive, which given it is international can be quite some time... So I have been on the hunt for everything from outfits, bodies, props, tips and techniques on weathering and customizing - the works.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and thanks for all of the info I have been able to source from these forums!

-Meagan

PS - There *is* one head that Kai Studios put out however that I can *not* find anywhere. I cannot get in contact with them to see if they have any stashed away somewhere and that is the "Rage-T" sculpt. So, if anyone knows where I can get that, please shoot me a message!

Head in question:
Muscle Sleeve Elbow Chest Street fashion

Also - Sweat stains on shirts? How do you do them? Every Google-fu attempt directs me to laundry tips LOL!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there.

It looks like there wasn't enough interest ($$$) in the "Rage-T" project from Kai Studios.

Anyway you can try to contact them by their Flickr: Flickr Watch Shoulder Muscle Beard Sleeve

Best sweat stains are done using vegetable or mineral oils. Choose oils with a high smoke point: vegetable shortening, lard, and peanut oil are all good choices. If mineral you can try with any of the WD-40 brand.

Also many ppl from this forun are right now at one sixth figure place.

Cheers.

#3 ·
Welcome to OSW Meagan!

Following up on Jacks suggestion, dye Trevors tshirt a suitably dingy groadie looking color using a tea dip, then add wet looking sweat stains with something like glycerine... it should stay wet looking, yet shouldn’t have any deleterious effects on figure materials. As always, experiment to get a feel for how the materials will interact and how things come out looking.

Good luck, and I’m eager to see what you cook up!

#4 ·
Thank you both for the responses! I was wondering why it was so quiet around here, haha!

I will definitely try out those tricks though as soon as I can find a pattern for a 1:6 tshirt (or I might just deconstruct a regular shirt for a pattern and alter the neckline)....since apparently 1:6 white vneck shirts don't exist, lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.