One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Toronto Area Meet Up?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  dimedrop 
#1 ·
Do we have any OSWers in the Toronto area who would be interested in a meet up? If there are enough of us, maybe we can find some meeting space that would be reasonably convenient for most of us.

I'm willing to take the lead in organizing. :knock

I'm in Toronto in the west end but can get to the subway.

Thanks!

#4 ·
I'm in Milton. TBH, I'm a bit of a homebody (and socially awkward) so it's unlikely I'd make it out to the Big City. Next weekend, I'm going to try and make it to the Burlington Toy show, will any other local OSW'ers be around? Last time, the 1/6th pickings were slim, but I haven't been in a while.

#5 ·
Nice to see some interest! And wow, Ottawa!

Anyone else in the greater Toronto-area? There must be more of us around.

I haven't been to the Burlington Toy Show. I have been to some toy shows in Toronto, such as TFcon and Ontario Collectors Con, but not recently since they started holding the shows in Mississauga. I never really saw much 1/6 stuff there though.

#6 ·
Back when I was still very new to 1/6th, I came across Toys4Evryone at my first Burlington toy show. They were selling about a 1/2 dozen different BBI figures BNIB for $10/each. I don't think they attend the show anymore, but I'm pretty sure they still have stock of BBI Carlos and Scar through their website.

In any case, it's a short drive and occasionally there are some really nice surprises.

#7 ·
I live in Toronto, West end like you and Spitfire. There are a few others around as well. Way back when there were quite a few of us who used to get together every now and then. If something got set up I would do my best to attend and meet up with everyone.

#9 ·
Moonbasealpha is also from the Toronto area. I am down in the Windsor area.

There is already a meeting/show that I hate to say it, only a few of us attend. It is the annual fort york show in June and has been running for the past 5 yrs or so.

Last year, myself, Spitfire, JC, Frank, MBA and pangolos were the only ones there, and JC, Spitfire and my self were the ones putting on the dio for the show.

So really, if you really want to do this, I would combine a "meet-up" with the show and kill two birds with one stone so to speak, and I and JC will be there along with Frank and some super cool 1/6th scale stuff...

This was the dio we did...(this pic is from another show but the dio was the same)

#10 ·
Thanks very much for your comments crusader1xxx.

I am hoping to go to the Fort York show. Do you know the dates for this year?

I am surprised at peoples' reluctance to get together but I plan to forge ahead. If no one comes, at least I'll be sitting there with some of my figs. :dunce

#12 ·
Hey, I just saw this thread belatedly. I mentioned in crusader1xxx's thread about the Fort York show that I'm planning to go, but if there's ever another Toronto area meet-up at some other place and time, I'm in. I go to almost all the Burlington shows so I've probably walked past some of you who mention attending those.

Dimedrop, I believe that Marty and Cindy whom you mentioned from the Burlington shows still have some preposterously cheap BBI Carlos and Scar, and also possibly Richard Marcinko figures. They don't do Burlington anymore but mostly do car diecast shows, and also the toy show in the fall that used to be at Downsview. Also I believe you could pick up website orders at a location near their house, but only for orders of $60 or more.

#13 ·
Yeah, they're really accommodating. I believe they're done with the Marcinko's, but last summer I made arrangements through their website to meet them at the Waterdown auto show to pick up multiple Carlos and Scars. They come with some pretty awesome accessories for kit-bashing. I have purchased a lot of figures from them over the past few years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.