HT Glock 26 repair [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : HT Glock 26 repair

Vanquisher1000
09-09-2014, 07:29
So I was messing around with one of the Glocks from HT Avengers Black Widow, and while I was trying to get the slide to stay 'back', it practically flew off the frame. I got all the parts together, as far as I know, and have reassembled the pistol, but now the slide won't really 'sit' properly: it'll stay in the correct position, but the slightest touch means it will spring forward.

Pictures are attached for reference.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

saiko
09-09-2014, 21:51
My Selina Kyle pistol did the same thing. Unfortunately I've lost the spring in that one.
Try to force the slide backwards by pushing back on it. Maybe it will snap back onto it's correct slot.
Funny how it kind of "works" like a real one.

Vanquisher1000
09-10-2014, 06:49
Thanks for the advice. I've tried forcing the slide back into place, but again, even back in position, the slide doesn't seem to hold as readily anymore; it'll stay in position if left alone, but it's liable to spring forward if, say, it's being holstered.

Upon taking a close look at the parts, I'm guessing that the little stub at the front end of the slide in picture 1 (the circular part that slots against the spring in the frame) is actually a tab that holds against a lip in the frame to keep the slide in place. I'm considering making that tab a tiny bit 'longer' by applying a very thin layer of superglue to the end and letting it dry, so hopefully it'll sit more securely against the lip in the frame when I next reinstall the slide.

I'd like to know if there are any other thoughts on this or suggestions before I try it, though, since I'm reluctant to make 'irreversible' changes to it.

Vanquisher1000
09-26-2014, 07:06
Update on the repair: What I did was apply a tiny drop of superglue to the tab, and immediately wiped it off before leaving it to dry overnight.

The slide is still prone to popping out, but nowhere near as readily as before - I can take the pistol in and out of the holster without it popping off. I figure one more layer of glue should do the trick.

Edit: the second spot of glue seems to have reversed the effect of the first, so the slide would pop out more easily! :knock :dunno So after a few hours, I applied a third drop of glue, and the slide more or less stays in place now.

cygirlz
10-01-2014, 22:44
damn the black widow comes with working slide guns? I'm gonna have to open all mine then! :D

Vanquisher1000
10-03-2014, 08:05
Yeah, a lot of HT figures have working slides on their semiautomatic pistols. In addition to Black Widow, the Glock that comes with Roadblock has a spring in it, but none of the 1911-type weapons have springs, though (at least, the ones I have don't - Barney Ross, Joe Colton, DX-10 Terminator).