Weathering black Cloth? [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Weathering black Cloth?

Siccx
02-26-2008, 17:09
I'm thinking of purchasing The Taimiya Weather Master sets, and was wondering which set would be best for weathering black cloth, I've never done this before so it'd be a first time, I just want to give the cloth a slightly worn look as opposed to looking new, any help would be greatly appreciated...

tang
03-13-2008, 22:15
i havent gotten to weathering but i think tan OR grey OR white does bring out the details of black uniform.
________
Vaporizer Wiki (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Sawgunner
03-14-2008, 15:04
Well, depending on how weathered you are aiming at......here's what I do:
I take a ziplock baggie and put in some Talc, or baking soda or baby powder and then add the unifrom. SHAKE it real good a few times. take out the uniform and shake it, to remove any excess powder.....works on all colors and patterns ..and easily washes out.

Mr. Petey
03-14-2008, 15:27
Well, depending on how weathered you are aiming at......here's what I do:
I take a ziplock baggie and put in some Talc, or baking soda or baby powder and then add the unifrom. SHAKE it real good a few times. take out the uniform and shake it, to remove any excess powder.....works on all colors and patterns ..and easily washes out.

along those lines - I just leave my guys on the shelf for awhile, then blow most of the dust off with can-o-air...everything looks nicely aged

Anti-Personnel
03-15-2008, 01:24
here is my method.

take the uniform and soak it in water, wring it semi-dry but damp to the touch

then put the uniform on the figure and scrunch up the areas where high movement takes place such as shoulders, elbow bends, knee bends, and waist area...

once you get a good looking wrinkle pattern, you can start the weathering process

i prefer using crushed pastel chalk for black cloth as paint weathering is usually too extreme and not as realistic from my experience (although i have seen others pull it off beautifully).

take a brush ad drybrush the chalk onto the clothing, highlighting the wrinkle areas.

wehn weathering, keep in mind the areas that would have the most abrasion and wear, usually knees, elbows, shoulders, thighs, butt, etc. and highlight them accordingly

if you have a good 1:1 referrence it makes it much easier