Jacksonville, Fl Retr-o-Rama? [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Jacksonville, Fl Retr-o-Rama?

joecollectin
01-29-2014, 08:20
I received a flyer for this show while at another event. Was wondering if folks like DFC (or anyone else) knows anything about it. They are advertising themselves as the "show with balls!" and seem more oriented to Sci-fi fantasy and medievel types of genres. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has attended any of these.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

DeltaForceChung
01-29-2014, 13:32
I received a flyer for this show while at another event. Was wondering if folks like DFC (or anyone else) knows anything about it. They are advertising themselves as the "show with balls!" and seem more oriented to Sci-fi fantasy and medievel types of genres. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has attended any of these.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
--

Steve:

I attended their last show last year.

It was in a Ramada Inn hotel.

It's basically a retro/vintage collector toy show with dealers (mostly collectors) selling off their collection/inventory/etc.

I picked up a couple of 1:18 GI JOE Skystrikers from a dealer for a total of $25.00 or $30.00 at the last show.

They had a couple of dealers with 1:6 stuff, but it was all vintage and nothing new. No mid or high end stuff @ the show like HOT TOYS, etc.

They have a show coming up in February.

http://jaxretrorama.com/show-event-schedule.shtml

I may go for a look see.

joecollectin
01-29-2014, 17:12
Thanks much DFC. Was just wondering if it was worth driving up from Tampa or not. Most people tell me to head to the big one in Atlanta if I'm looking for 1:6 - maybe I'll do that instead.