One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1/6 generic Newspapers?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Plastic Man 
#1 ·
Has anyone got any decent printables of newspapers. So far for a few weeks now, all the ones I find seem to be specific events, such as WW2 related but I am looking for some standard looking pages to put together just as decoration for a diorama. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Preferably looking for modern and American style.

#3 ·
Yeah I have been doing that, however I find there are very few pages that are full, and don't have something overly specific on them such as the downfall of Miley Cirus etc.

Just wondered if some of the guys on here who do the dio's more often have come across a resource of images that I might not have. I have found 2 pages so far that would work but need more. Might end up having to create something, but I find my editing skills for small scale to be average at best.

#4 ·
Here is a method that I use for other stuff that might work here:

Pick the Title / Name of the paper from an image. Photograph it yourself if you must. Use MS Word or some other word processor to add the image to a document and format some gibberish text if you must along with some column headers that are somewhat readable. You can then print it to any scale you want.

If you find that you can't quite print it small enough, then bring the image of the full page onto your computer screen and take a screen print and edit the image or scale it down even further.

Don't reduce the resolution in your image. Let the printer do the final scaling for you. The result is better. I also found that at least with the laser printer I was using that 300 DPI was a pretty resonable compromise. Any higher resolution just got a bit more blurry but didn't actually print any better.

BTW, Don't agonise over the proper font because I found out when doing mine that by the time you scale it down, you can't tell the difference between fonts at all and with mine, this was with letters that were quite legible even at 1:6 scale.

Let us know how it turns out!
- Ivan.

#6 ·
Thanks guys. I mucked around with making my own, but had very little luck. Probably just me being too picky.

Stupid thing is, I had already been on printmini.com Thaw, but I hadn't seen the generic middle pages on there... sigh. Thanks man, I ended up using those, and a Boston front page i found on the web. Although they are so dirty now on the dio, you almost can't tell what the pages were to begin with :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.