Any 1/6th Stores in the Vancouver, B.C., Area? [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Any 1/6th Stores in the Vancouver, B.C., Area?

rhinestone_fuel
07-28-2007, 11:59
Hello!

Are there any good stores in the Vancouver, B.C., area where I can buy 1/6th figures?

I'm new to this forum but have been collecting action figures since 1998. I was out of circulation for some time now and want to start collecting them again (thanks to your awe-inspiring kit bashings).

Any lead is appreciated. Thanks!

shim
07-28-2007, 14:21
check out urbansamuraihobbies.com

rhinestone_fuel
07-28-2007, 20:53
Thanks for the lead. :thumb I'll check out the site soon.

Are there brick-and-mortar stores (stores with a physical address) where I can handle and inspect the merchandise before buying?

shim
07-28-2007, 22:08
alex of urban samurai hobbies has been known to open his showroom for customers from time to time... other than that, nothing much else in the city comes close to comparing.

Echo 7
07-29-2007, 23:03
i too have been looking for similar in NJ...I have yet to find a brick mortar store.

Regards,

Echo 7

rhinestone_fuel
07-30-2007, 11:40
I share your sentiment, Echo 7. There seems to be a lack of brick-and-mortar stores solely dedicated to this hobby in North America, especially for cash-and-carry collectors.

Mark.L
07-31-2007, 23:07
Imperial Hobbies on No.3 Road in Richmond has a limited selection of Dragon figures.

Alex of urban samurai hobbies is a top guy! I was lucky enough to visit his bricks'n'motar store before he closed it.

rhinestone_fuel
08-01-2007, 12:06
Thanks, Mark!

I bought my first DML, an SAS, from Imperial Hobbies several years ago. I don't know now, but John's Collectibles in Steveston was a good place to shop, too. It sold DML, BBI, Hasbro and loose parts.

I think I met Alex before he opened Urban Samurai Hobbies. He was manning a table during an IPMS meet held at the Bonsor Recreation Centre. That's where I heard of his shop, which I only visited twice.

It was unfortunate that he closed his shop in Richmond, just when I had the hard-earned moolah to spend on these puppies.

By the way, there's CR Toys & Collectibles in Burnaby. Ryan, the owner, is a cool dude, too. The last time I checked, he was selling HT aviators and accepting pre-orders.

Echo 7
08-01-2007, 12:18
Thanks, Mark!

I bought my first DML, an SAS, from Imperial Hobbies several years ago. I don't know now, but John's Collectibles in Steveston was a good place to shop, too. It sold DML, BBI, Hasbro and loose parts.

I think I met Alex before he opened Urban Samurai Hobbies. He was manning a table during an IPMS meet held at the Bonsor Recreation Centre. That's where I heard of his shop, which I only visited twice.

It was unfortunate that he closed his shop in Richmond, just when I had the hard-earned moolah to spend on these puppies.

By the way, there's CR Toys & Collectibles in Burnaby. Ryan, the owner, is a cool dude, too. The last time I checked, he was selling HT aviators and accepting pre-orders.

Rhinestone..

I take it these shops are all in canada ???

Regards,

Echo 7

rhinestone_fuel
08-01-2007, 15:50
Echo 7,

Yes, these shops are all in Canada, but they are not wholly dedicated to the 12-inchers. They usually share shelf space with static models, toys, comic books, gaming miniatures and other action figures.

42mb
01-10-2009, 10:21
Hi Guys,

Just wondering...I think there was a fellow by the name of Spencer that has/had a store...I think it was on Rupert/Renfrew and 22nd. in Vancouver??? He also ran "John's Collectables" for a short time,out in Steveston a few years back. His he still out there??

42MB

rhinestone_fuel
01-12-2009, 10:27
Hi Guys,

Just wondering...I think there was a fellow by the name of Spencer that has/had a store...I think it was on Rupert/Renfrew and 22nd. in Vancouver??? He also ran "John's Collectables" for a short time,out in Steveston a few years back. His he still out there??

42MB

That store was Ages 3 and Up. Spencer moved it to Metropolis at Metrotown Centre in Burnaby (besides Toys R Us). He opened another one in Oakridge Centre in Vancouver. Unfortunately, both are closed now. The one in Metropolis is opening in the middle of January as a comics and toys store.

John's Collectibles in Steveston has closed its doors, too. The last owners decided to focus on their other collectible business in Kingsgate Mall. I haven't checked it out yet.

I was fortunate enough to buy some 1:6th stuff when Alex of Urban Samurai Hobbies had some of his merchandise on sale late December 2008. I believe he's planning to open a bricks-and-mortar store early this year. I'm hoping he does.

You might want to check out J. Hobby in Richmond if you're in the neighbourhood. They specialize in Japanese pop culture, but they occasionally sell 1:6th blind-box items such as weapons.

UrbanSamurai
01-23-2009, 13:39
Yup, Urban Samurai is just about ready to be opened. It will be a web based brick and mortar store. What does that mean you ask?

Well, it is simple, everything in the store will be on line. This means you can browse from home all you want, make an order then come down and pick it up. You can also come into the shop and browse all you want. When you are ready, the store will create your order on line, and then process it right there while you are on hand.

Why do it this way you ask? Well, it does mean that you will always be up to date with the current exchange rate. As most of our stuff is purchased in US dollars and also in an effort to remain competitive on line, the site is done in US dollars but it does have an on board currency converter which gets updated almost dailiy usinging on line exchange rates. You can do the conversion in your home or you can wait until you are in the shop itself but rest assured you will always get competitive on line pricing. Every item we have in stock will be posted on the site. With almost 1000 items on at the time of this posting and the fact that we have not even done half of what we have for inventory, you can imagine, it will be quite a full site of product!

We are also in the process of becoming a sponsor here at OSW so that we can participate in many other on line fun things in the future.

The store is located a little off the beaten path but is still accessable by transit without any problem. It is easy to get to by Auto as well and there is parking on hand. Hours will be short unfortunately but with you able to create your order at home, all you have to do is come in and pick it up!

rhinestone_fuel
01-23-2009, 23:22
Yup, Urban Samurai is just about ready to be opened. It will be a web based brick and mortar store.

That's good news, Alex!

I've been browsing your online store a lot and some of your items have piqued my interest. I'm very much looking forward to visiting your new bricks-and-clicks store. I just hope it's near my place. But until then, I'll continue browsing and making a mental check list.

42mb
02-01-2009, 07:52
Does anyone know if "Spencer" has/had any original jackets and patches used on the TV series, Stargate SG-1??

42MB