One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

It's WAR-- and we're stuck right in the middle of it! Enterbay's 1/4 BATMAN

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  doly 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
enterbays T2 is the best depiction of that character i've seen, demolishes HT's version, sideshows premium format, even sideshows 1:1 bust. Real leather outfit, metal and wooden weapons, metal bullets. It's very high end and more then justifies the price (which isnt much more then a hot toys DX anyway) if they can retain the quality found in the T2 i'm sure this will be amazing. But if it has a rubber suit? (which it probably will) count me out. Definately going to pick up the heath ledger joker they're doing in 1/4 scale though. The teaser pick already looked more like heath then HT's releases.

Gonna keep the enterbay 1/4 buys to a minimum tho, not enough room for them really. Maybe joker and hot toys original predator (assuming it's actually 1/4 scale)

#9 ·
enterbays T2 is the best depiction of that character i've seen, demolishes HT's version, sideshows premium format, even sideshows 1:1 bust.
That is debatable. While the HT sculpt looks more stylized compared to HT entry, its just a different sculpt. They could have easily pulled that same sculpt off in 1/6 scale. The size had nothing to do with it. having said that, considering the money, you simply get an upsized 1/6 body. The elbows and joints on it look awful. At that larger scale you need some kind of flesh-like coating. However I'd leave Sideshow's stuff out of it, their best sculpts appear horribly inaccurate now compared to what is being done by our friends in Korea and China these days....I actually like the Arnie Predator Sideshow statue, I like the head even tho something is off with it, and love the cartoony huge arms....

Real leather outfit, metal and wooden weapons, metal bullets. It's very high end and more then justifies the price (which isnt much more then a hot toys DX anyway) if they can retain the quality found in the T2 i'm sure this will be amazing.
To me, materials are irrelevant. Its sort of like the argument today...BEETS versus Cloth Boots. Some people are "I HATE BEETS, CLOTH ONLY!"...but then I look in my drawer at so many **TERRIBLE** cloth boots that have come out that totally ruin the otherwise "shrink ray" nature of a figure. So if its made of wood, metal, plastic....I don't care. If it looks accurate, that is what I care about.

But if it has a rubber suit? (which it probably will) count me out. Definately going to pick up the heath ledger joker they're doing in 1/4 scale though. The teaser pick already looked more like heath then HT's releases.
Kind of hard to not do a rubber suit when I think the real 1:1 is a rubber suit.....although, perhaps a saving grace of 1/4 scale will be the ability to produce a rubber suit that is less thick and more flexible.....we shall see. Too thin and its cracks at the creases...too thick and it can't be posed. Decisions Decisions...

#13 ·
Why disappointed Zondi? It looks fine to me, a lot better than HT version almost in every way.

Anyways, the only 1/4 figure I ever had was 18 inch movie Spiderman. It's huge, fully articulated and of course more detailed. Problem is, it's too heavy and prone to falling/tipping over and simply eats up too much space. I ended up selling it. If I ever have a mansion in the future, that's when I'll probably start collecting.

#14 ·
I love this! That means both both companies will push either to produce their best instead of just scaling 1/6 to 1/4 and call it a day!

My biggest gripe besides EB higher price is that these guys are not good business people in general - way too early product announcements, quality vs price - look at Bruce Lee 1/4 statue, and LATE LATE LATE LATE delivery of production items.

If they keep the announcements secret and just released the product like their RM5.0 body as a surprised, then I will consider EB products again.

I know... HT now has a backlog of products also but in the past they are have already delivered. In a year, HT can at least say they shipped 8-10 new products while it is lucky for EB to launch even 5.

So far, its all just talk between these guys...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.