re-painting handguns.... [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : re-painting handguns....

joefan68
09-13-2011, 12:30
Hi guys...I checked the customs threads, but couldnt find exactly what I was looking for...I have the Enterbay Leon coming soon, but all his handguns look really cheaply painted...I need to know a good way to paint a realistic chromed or stainless barrel on a handgun...Ive tried "steel" and "chrome" paints, but they still dont look anything close to a real stainless gun...Any ideas on a particular color I should use...or a particular way of painting them...Should I use a black basecoat first?...Open to suggestions...lol...Thanks...:)

Matt

Big_Dave
09-14-2011, 05:37
I use Games Workshop Gun Metal grey. You can add some white to lighten it or black to darken it. Also you can use silver and add black to it until you get the color that you want. Good luck with the repaints.

Cerberus
11-26-2011, 18:45
:popcorn Have you been down to your local hobby shop and checked out their model paint selection?
There are heaps of diffent silver finish metallic paints available for scale model builders, so they may have the paint with the exact colour and finish you want.