One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Question - is there a trick to removing a head?

881 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Steviebaby 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the hobby. I've purchase some bodies and some heads and would like to swap a purchased head onto a body that already has a head. I started trying to remove the head but it didn't come off easily. Rather than forcing it and breaking either the head or neck post I'm asking you all "What is the best way to do this without breaking anything?". Thanks

#2 ·
Could you post photos of the heads and bodies in question? Or even just tell us the manufactures? There are many different head/neck variations and not all of them are compatible.

MOST that I've worked with will come off fairly easily if you heat them up with a hair dryer for about 30-40 seconds.

#3 ·
Most PVC heads with a neck, whatever make, should come off with a little heating--hairdryer or mouth of a boiling kettle. When you think it's softened enough, best to apply even, continued pressure rather than try to yank it.

Give the plastic time to accomodate your wishes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.