Headsculpt modification using Fimo? [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Headsculpt modification using Fimo?

4dEFCON
04-24-2011, 13:16
Hi All,

New to the forums, must say some impressive work out there from the sculptors and re-painters, you have all inspired me!!

I have a question. Is it possible to take a headsculpt (DID / BBI in this case), cut away a section, build it up with Fimo and then bake it? Will the head melt? I have an idea for a custom head but would like to check from someone with experience before I risk ruining it.

Thanks for your time!
Steve.

duck of death
04-24-2011, 21:38
You can do that and the head won't melt if you don't have the oven too high, but you might have problems in the future with the plastic of the head interacting with the cured polymer clay.

You would probably be better off making a mold of the original head, filling the mold with fimo and then you can make whatever changes you want and the whole head would be made from the same material so you wouldn't have to worry about the plastics interacting with each other.

Broadshore
04-24-2011, 21:49
I normally use a hairdryer.

4dEFCON
04-26-2011, 11:08
Ok cool, thanks guys - got a load of materials at the weekend for my first headpaint, i'll start there and then move onto the re-sculpting! :)