Pop Sculpture; how to create action figures and collectable statues [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Pop Sculpture; how to create action figures and collectable statues

SudsySutherland
04-02-2011, 11:25
Pop Sculpture: How to Sculpt Action Figures and Statues (http://popsculpturebook.blogspot.com/)

Amazon.com: Pop Sculpture: How to Create Action Figures and Collectible Statues (9780823095223): Tim Bruckner, Ruben Procopio, Zach Oat: Books

I found this gold mine of of action figure sculpting gold at my local Barnes and Noble! The authors mostly cover the 'nuts and bolts' of using wax to create a 1:6th statue, but also dedicate an entire chapter the design of an action figure with ideas of where to place and how to make each major articulation joint! They don't cover specific 'how to sculpt' certain areas of the body like other books (so definitely get Katherine Dewey's "Creating Lifelike Figures in Polymer Clay" for that), but they instead save their pages for the detailed how to create an armatures, RTV silicon molds, pressure chambers for both resin and wax casting, and finally painting tips.

Artoo
04-03-2011, 17:22
Great, thanks for the heads up!

joecrazy
04-03-2011, 22:11
I have the book and it well worth the money.