Need help finding some 1/6 scale chain.... [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Need help finding some 1/6 scale chain....

Speir
08-25-2006, 10:15
I need some 1/6 scale chain (or at least some small-size chain) for a model kit...anyone know of an online store that I can purchase this from?

Any help is appreciated.... ;)

Speir
08-25-2006, 10:18
BTW, I need this to hang from a sword scabbard...any kind of chain will do.

laughinggravy2
08-25-2006, 16:53
Try the local Goodwill or thrift stores. Look in the jewelry section. If that fails, try Barbie jewelry.

Good luck. :)

Hugh
08-25-2006, 17:54
Chain? There's something that is usually available. I forgot what its called but its a bunch of little balls connected to each other and then there like a mechanism, or piece that connects the two ends together. Sorry if I'm not any help.

DYE-GSG90

DarthBoz
08-25-2006, 19:07
What a coincidence. I was wondering this myself, so I just did a google search. Came up with a lot of model train links. Here's one retailer:

http://www.builders-in-scale.com/bis/parts-chain.html

You can try a google search for "scale chain" for more.

DarthBoz
08-28-2006, 22:08
Aha! While browsing the crafts section of my local Wal-Mart, I came across the perfect 1/6 scale chain (at least in my opinion). It is by a company called Sweet Inspirations and comes in 6 ft. packages for $2.88. The links are shaped like regular chain links, not all ornate like a lot of jewelry chain, and are just the right size. If these links are too big, they do have some smaller, although it is more jewelry like, if you take my meaning. The only problem is that it is bright silver. That should be pretty easy to fix, though. I'm gonna pick up some blackener from the local hobby shop tomorrow and try that on it.