Stuffing Pants Legs Inside Boots [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Stuffing Pants Legs Inside Boots

Div Devlin
05-07-2006, 14:51
I know, it's a really stupid question for those of you who have been doing this for years, but how do you stuff pant legs inside boots. Do you dip the legs in some type of thinner so it tightens up and then slide the boots over?

All of my pant legs are bunched up at the top of the boots and not looking all that good.

Thanks,

Solid Snake
05-07-2006, 18:00
Well before i figured out to use the Draw String that some boots have and just let it sit at the top of the boot, I usually just twisted the pant leg tightly around the ankle and slid it on as carefully as i could.

PlasticSculptor
05-07-2006, 18:37
As Solid Snake pointed out drawstrings make it very easy to blouse pant legs over boots, you can also use small rubberbands.The rubberbands used with dental braces for tension are a good size.

I rarely blouse pants, but when I do and a drawstring is not present I use rubberbands and the attached tool to stuff the pant leg into the boot about 6 millimeters.

I also use the same tool for "threading" belts through loops, stuffing polyester fiber into pockets, and as a support device when atttaching MOLLE gear to a vest.

Div Devlin
05-07-2006, 19:34
Thanks for the info,Snake and PS, that tool looks like it would really be a great help for stuffing everything, what is it?

PlasticSculptor
05-07-2006, 21:22
The tool is a spatula used in analytical labs for transferring dry powder. The photo doesn't show it, but one side is nearly flat and the other side is beveled to hold the material.

A similar tool can be found at:

http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/0304_pdf/A-0870.pdf

Solid Snake
05-08-2006, 00:20
Looks like a little spear to me!

Mtxzptlk
05-08-2006, 01:28
I just rubber band the pant legs to the upper part of the boot and blouse the pants.

laughinggravy2
05-10-2006, 21:26
I use masking tape, wrapped around the ankle and trouser leg at the wanted height. Also use the same for shirttails, etc.

s-ramos
05-11-2006, 22:05
Never underestimate a good pair of tweezers.

TangoOneSix
05-21-2006, 21:23
Tweezers are a 1/6 survival-kit MUST!
If they're a pair of crappy pants like the ones I have from the Soldiers of The World collection, then I'd just trim a narrow triangular piece of the material off : 1/8" wide x 1/4" long and this will get rid of some of the slack in the cuff. This is if the pants don't have a drawstring or an elastic-band at the cuff.
Stitch the open ends together if you'd like - or not - and then poke them inside your figure's boots with the backend of your tweezers.
It's a fairly ghetto method, but it's worked on mine. Especially when getting a pair of tight fitting boots on afterwards.

bluechalice
06-20-2006, 17:30
I have been using a machete that came with the 21st century accesories set...

Broadsword 6
06-20-2006, 17:43
Y'know all those plastic-coated twist-ties that hold down everydamnthing in a figgy box? The ones you never know what to do with? Twist 'em around the pants leg to the desired tightness, trim the ends off and put the boot on. Problem solved.

Gamilaroi
06-20-2006, 18:54
Go the tweezers!