Breathing life into a 3 year old thread *PAINTING BODIES?!* [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Breathing life into a 3 year old thread *PAINTING BODIES?!*

Sol_Siruken
04-04-2006, 21:58
I've got a TS body which is quite "jacked" for the purposes I need. The only problem? I've an AA head without a body and a TS body without a head...now I did some thread diving, saw some rit dyes mentioned, and I'm kinda wondering, will this work on a whole body, especially a TS body that's kinda solid? Any tips/photos/assistance would be appreciated

hondo
04-04-2006, 23:09
If you use Rit fabric dye be careful. It can be hit and miss. I dyed a figure dark brown once and he ended up blue. The next time I tried it came out a carmel color.

Sol_Siruken
04-04-2006, 23:13
lmao weird..., I'm assuming you used dark brown? Any idea how that would effect a TS body, and did you warm the solution stovetop and throw the figure in? Lmk, please! I'm buying some tomorrow to test this.

Solid Snake
04-05-2006, 06:20
You could always break out the trusty Airbrush and do a little painting!

hondo
04-05-2006, 08:35
All you can do is try it. I brought it to a boil on a stove top and left the body in for close to 30 minutes. One of them was a Mac body and I don't remember the other. The different types of plastic take dye differently also even on the same body. I think I would try to paint and then use a sealer.

hondo
04-05-2006, 08:36
Yes I used a dark brown.