Hand & Body Mismatch [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Hand & Body Mismatch

Spartan719
02-18-2006, 22:12
Ok, i'm kitbashing an Asian American Marine, so i'm using a BBI Yamamoto Headsculpt and Arthur Fenton's G3 body and hands since their skin tones match pretty well. But recently, my G3's arm snapped off, so i had to get a replacement body. I decided to get a newer G3.5 body from Opstoys to replace the old one and just keep Fenton's hands because they match Yamamoto's head. I get it today and the body is way, uh, "whiter" than i'd like. You can really tell the difference when the figure poses with his rifle because the sleeve of his marpat slides a little bit up and it goes from caucasian arms to asian wrists and hands. I don't wanna have gloved hands either, since even if he had gloves, the arms wouldn't match the head. Anyone have any tips about maybe dying, painting, or staining the whole BBI G3.5 Body?

Ivan1GFP
02-23-2009, 21:15
I know this is an old thread, but still an interesting subject.

I run into the same problem very often, but REAL People's arms and bodies very seldom match their faces either. Faces tend to be a bit darker as a general rule.

- Ivan.

sama-el
05-13-2009, 21:25
That would stand to reason. Think of it as like a "farmers tan". The skin exposed to the sun will tan, while the skin under the long sleeves won't. I would actually think that it would be more realistic that way. Darker hands and face, whiter arms.