weapon smithing [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : weapon smithing

lapin
02-04-2006, 13:29
ai again maties!

I've always wanted to make an AK-47 for my my SF figure, but i don't know which material I should use or how to do. so if anyone out there could help me, i would really appreciate it.

PSCMATT
02-16-2006, 15:47
Im not really sure why you would want to build a AK from scratch. There are so many AKs on the market that are pretty cheap.

laughinggravy2
02-16-2006, 17:16
Nothing wrong with wanting to scratchbuild your very own stuff. It's the difference between being a customizer (and one step closer to this being a modelling scale), and a simple kitbasher who just mix-and-matches already-made mass-produced items. I applaud and support anyone's attempt at creating their own items, regardless of the availability in plastic.

Monsieur Rabbit, when I scratchbuild a weapon, I try to use as much accurate material as possible in construction. Wood for the stock, metal for the barrel, etc. The remainder will be of Bondo/auto-filler, Sculpey, or any other sculptable medium.
Many other weapon-scratchbuilders here use a variety of different shapes of styrene. Their results are usually amazing.

You are only limited by your imagination and creative ability. Almost anything can be altered or used to acheive results.

Good luck and post results. :)

lapin
02-17-2006, 08:50
will do, and I salut you with great respect for aiding me!

lapin
02-19-2006, 13:30
hmm, partly finished. All that remains now is spraypainting it :devilhnd

Solid Snake
02-19-2006, 19:54
Post pics when your done dude!

lapin
03-13-2006, 14:39
sorry lads, haven't had time to post the pictures been so bloody busy with school, but i'm done with the project it took me like half an hour or so. I'll post the pics asap.

Kat Cole
03-31-2006, 15:12
Cool site for real metal 1/6 scale weapons (no AK-47s though):

www.thetoysmith.com

I use him for all my custom cowboy figures. He has some 1/6 scale weapons from other eras, WWII, etc.. too.

Kat Cole