Painting Vasili Zaitsev headsculpt [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Painting Vasili Zaitsev headsculpt

ransomechua
09-25-2010, 03:04
A little sharing session on how I currently paint my headsculpts.

Hop on by to:

RAN (http://ransomechua.wordpress.com/)

Thanks

Ran

pukingdog
10-21-2010, 16:22
Nicely put together Ran, I'm going to give this a try (when I get sufficient hobby time....sigh...). Very user-friendly.

ransomechua
10-21-2010, 19:39
Thanks Mike, its perhaps not for the faint hearted but working from a primed headsculpt with thinned layers of Medium-infused washes, very subtle skin-tone blends may be effected.

Antihero
10-26-2010, 00:00
Very helpful tutorial! By the way, how can I create freckles and other skin imperfections that are still soft-edged? They're so tiny, there's no room to soften and blend the edges. Thanks!

ransomechua
10-26-2010, 01:42
Easy... get an old paint brush - not too large - and snip off the brush-hairs leaving a short stump of about 5 mm height of so (try experimenting), it should look like a barber's shaving brush. Mix a darker shade of flesh paint and blot the paint off the brush tips onto a piece of waste paper. There should be just a small amount of paint on the brush tips. Attempt to create a 'speckle' effect with the whatever paint is on brush tip and you'll have 'freckles'. As usual, experiment first.

Have fun.

Antihero
10-26-2010, 03:14
Thanks! That's a good idea. I have lots of worn-out brushes. Can't wait to try it out. :thumb

Melanarus
11-14-2010, 03:13
Great work on the painted sculpt!