1/6th computer screens [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : 1/6th computer screens

PitViper
10-03-2005, 23:00
I've looked all over for a recent thread posting several 1/6 computer screen printouts, but I can't find it anywhere. Got myself a couple of SOTW laptops but they have nothing on the monitor screen, so I was hoping someone could point these out to me. :sadshake

PSCMATT
10-03-2005, 23:09
I've looked all over for a recent thread posting several 1/6 computer screen printouts, but I can't find it anywhere. Got myself a couple of SOTW laptops but they have nothing on the monitor screen, so I was hoping someone could point these out to me. :sadshake

Here you go, just a few to keep you busy.
http://www.printmini.com/printables/laptop/screensp.shtml

xavier
10-03-2005, 23:12
You can print out any windows desktop using a program called Screen Rip32 v1.0.
I use it all the time to print out 1/6 scale magazines and windows desktops.
What do you want on the screen? If its generic enough I can do it for you and then post it on here.

Tiger USMC
10-03-2005, 23:50
PitViper, where did you get SOTW laptops. I am trying to find a laptop or two or three, but the only ones I found were like 15 or 16 bucks...a bit much.

Broadshore
10-04-2005, 00:41
You ask and you shell receive.

You mite have do a little more Photoshop work to shrink them down to the correct size if your using the HT Laptop.

TexGunS
10-04-2005, 01:04
I have not been able to print 'em yet(Out of ink) but I have been taking pics of the screen using macro setting and no flash then sizeing the pics down to 1/6. I know it is the long way around but it will work

ZiggyXIV
10-04-2005, 11:10
It's worth mentioning the all-but-forgotten functionality of your PC's Print Screen button. Pressing it will create an image of whatever is currently displayed on your monitor(s), and load it to your PC's clipboard. If you have even the most basic image editing software, you can create a new image, click paste, and voila- instant computer screen with no specialized software, camera or anything out of the ordinary.
Reduce the image to fit your 1:6 computer, and print.

PitViper
10-05-2005, 06:23
PitViper, where did you get SOTW laptops. I am trying to find a laptop or two or three, but the only ones I found were like 15 or 16 bucks...a bit much.

Tiger, I don't even remember where I got them, it was a while back. I know they came with a carded communication set that also included a radio, which I believe is the HST 4. The radio has an antenna and a telephone; you remove the latter and connect the small laptop to it. The laptop itself is rather rectangular with a glossy screen. It is nowhere near HT's as far as detail, but because it is OD green and fairly small, it can pass as a fairly decent field PC.

In terms of finding one of these nowadays my only guess at this point would be ebay.

thelastboyscout
09-29-2007, 15:24
look for some on deviantart.com

some of them f**kers got neato screenshots of their desktop.But beware of the librals, they're asswholes.

k9cop33
09-29-2007, 23:07
One way I use is find the page or site etc that you want and press CTRL and Print screen at the same time then paste it on a word document and shrink it.