GI Joe POC Jungle-Viper Review [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : GI Joe POC Jungle-Viper Review

Newton Gimmick
09-03-2010, 12:38
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4146/4953294749_2f6be5ba76.jpg (http://www.infinitehollywood.com/2010/09/gi-joe-pursuit-of-cobra-jungle-viper.html)

I'm finally around to reviewing some new POC figures. After all the hype about this guy, I was hoping he was going to be more than an homage to the Night-Viper and breathe life as an awesome figure. In the end I was a little annoyed with the ghillie suit and some other minor quibbles. I tried to give this guy a full rundown and fair shake though. Feel free to check out the complete review.

Infinite Hollywood: GI Joe POC Jungle-Viper Review (http://www.infinitehollywood.com/2010/09/gi-joe-pursuit-of-cobra-jungle-viper.html)

Thanks for reading, if you do. :woohoo

wavehawk
09-04-2010, 04:56
I just wish I could actually HAVE this guy without resorting to evilbay. No luck, as not much of a Joe market exists in Melbourne, sadly... :(

I'd probably get only one or two of these guys if I can. And in all honesty would love for someone to try and make a 1/6 version...

GrenadierStinny
09-09-2010, 23:21
Thanks for the review.

Disappointed to see that you weren't too thrilled with him since I've been looking forward to this one since they showed him at JoeCon last year.

He's the only one I haven't found from this wave yet, but I'm hoping my feelings about him will be a little different than yours.

It's a bummer that they're bringing this line to an end to do the Renegades figures. This is the best re-imagining of the Joe characters they've done thus far. Great mix of real modern gear with a fun sci-fi edge.

I'm not digging the look of the Renegades designs. Way too simple and obviously aimed at bringing kids into the line.

Too bad they can't run both styles simultaneously.

Well, at least we're getting a proper 25th Ann style Low-Light and Dial-Tone before it's all done!

Newton Gimmick
09-24-2010, 02:48
Yeah, the Jungle-Viper really seems to be splitting fans. You either really love him, or you're like me and just don't think he's that great. I didn't hate him, just found him a bit clumsy overall.

Thanks for the kind comments though guys. I have some 1:6th reviews coming.

GrenadierStinny
09-24-2010, 22:54
I finally found them at Wal-Mart last week. I thought the figure was pretty neat, actually! Very Metal Gear Solid-- which I thought was a great direction for Joe to go in. The only issue I have is with the rifle. It's way too huge and clumsy, and he doesn't hold it very well.

But, all-in-all, I'm happy with this one!

spiderrogue
12-31-2010, 19:34
our walmart is starting to clearance this stuff down all ready..go figure....ive got a few of the others, and have seen him several times....all in all, some cool figures...thanks for the review...

ARROW
12-31-2010, 21:39
Well, I can tell you that some gems are coming.
POC wave 3 Snake Eyes is probably the BEST GI Joe figure ever made in this scale.
And the Shock trooper from the same wave is pretty good too.

The Jungle Viper is a bit of an odd bird--there's a lot about it that could have been good, but also a lot that kinda got flubbed too. Figures like Dusty and Zartan far surpass the JV in many respects