San Diego [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : San Diego

Spike Team ASP
09-02-2005, 23:31
Any stores in San Diego area worth checking out for 1/6th scale products?? Business will take me there for a weekend; not enough time to make it up to the LA area. What about good model stores??

Many thanks

Jack

Tiger USMC
09-03-2005, 00:32
There used to be a model emporium out in El Cajon, about 10 or 15 mins outside of downtown. It was a pretty cool little shop. I moved from there over a year ago so I don't know if it is still there. Good luck. Oh and there was a place called hobby people I think??? this was in clairemont Mesa. They had mostly RC stuff but they carried BBI stuff...

Spike Team ASP
09-03-2005, 22:20
Hey, Tiger:

Many thanks! I was out in SD many years ago ('92??) and I believe I went to that shop.....drove past Miramar to get to it, right??

Thanks again for the response.

Regards

Jack

Tiger USMC
09-04-2005, 01:24
You would go past Miramar depending where you were coming from. It is off I-8 out in El Cajon...off the Main St exit...Hope that helps...It was a pretty good little shop. I used to go there all of the time. He used to get everything Dragon BBI Sideshow, I never had to order from online. Good Luck. Let me know if it is still there.
Tiger

HKMP5Kid
09-04-2005, 01:54
Did he sell loose pieces too? I'm in San Diego and I've been looking for a good place. His website's still up. Had to do a little looking, but I think it's still there.

Tiger USMC
09-04-2005, 15:19
He had some loose stuff, not a lot though.

HKMP5Kid
11-02-2006, 18:59
Sorry to bring this one back, but does anybody know if that model emporium is still around? I might be able to get out there, but I wanted to check here if anyone knew if it was still around.

Thanks

zombie
11-03-2006, 10:31
Sorry but Model Emporium closed about 2 years ago. There is no 1/6 in San Diego at all. Evan Hobby People dropped what little they carried.

HKMP5Kid
11-03-2006, 21:52
Thanks for the news. Good thing I didn't go looking for the place too. I went to Hobby People earlier this week, and they had 2 of Dml's "ralph" for $27, and BBI George W Bush for $38.
I also went to toysRus, and they didn' t have 1/6 at all