Dragon hands to Hot Toys bodies [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Dragon hands to Hot Toys bodies

Sol_Siruken
07-26-2005, 12:32
Howdy to all out there. I'm stuck customizing a Hot Toys figure that took a nose dive off my computer desk, breaking his shoulder joint and hands *he tried to save himself I think* After extracting the pins from his wrists, there is no way of salvaging the hands. I have a spare set of Dragon hands, I just have no clue how to get them to fit well, any ideas or tips? Thanks!

steven Yee83
07-26-2005, 16:07
get some teflon tape in the plubming section of your local hardware store and wrap the posts of the dragon hands until they fit. If you want it to be permenant then add a layer of superglue over the tape when you are done.

Sol_Siruken
07-30-2005, 22:44
Sadly enough, that worked perfectly! Never thought I'd ever have to use that roll of electrical tape again. Thanks a ton for the tip.

jlg1md
10-24-2005, 02:03
I guess the threads a bit old now, but, I'd just like to know how the repair/replacement of the DML hands on the Hottoys fig. go? Can you post a pic of the fig. with the replaced hands? I'd just like to see how the thing looks at the wrist joint. And... do you guys think plumbing tape will work too? I posted a thread a few days ago about extracting the peg of my hottoys hand that also broke off:(

Thanks.

steven Yee83
10-27-2005, 21:06
Here is a picture of a wraped post, and a regular one

jlg1md
10-28-2005, 03:22
Hey, thanks a ton!

Sol_Siruken
03-27-2006, 00:01
Terribly sorry I never got back to you JLG, I just noticed this old thread while threaddiving! The pictures Steven posted are spot on to what I did. Unfortunatly, I can't post pictures of them being on the Hot Toys body...as said body took another nose dive and completely busted. Ended up switching my figures head to a Worthhfield body, and I've gotta say, if you can pick one up, it's definetly worth it. I'll post photos of it if you'd like

jlg1md
03-27-2006, 01:56
Hi Sol, it's OK. I've found replacement hands for the HT seal I have. I bought them loose from someone; they're from the same figure the seller broke down to sell loose. I tried the advices here and it was quite OK, but then I got lucky and got the replacements. Thanks.