Drop Downs holsters: looking for tips [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Drop Downs holsters: looking for tips

Bobby
06-29-2005, 16:45
Ok, so I'm going to make some dropdowns for my troops. I wanted black elastic to do this, but the only stuff I can find (resonably priced that is) is white! Is their any way to dye the elastic black or dark green, something, anything but white???

Also, any suggestions on ways to make the holsters would be nice.

howlin mad murdock
06-29-2005, 19:38
1/8 and 1/4 inch elastic ribbon can be found in fabric dept of wal-mart ,hobby lobby, for 99cents a yd. looks to be the same stuff bbi
uses as slings on rifles.

Bobby
06-30-2005, 03:32
Ya, I've been to Walmart, Fred Myers, Target, Bartels, Rite Aid... None of them seem to have black elastic! Its all white. I'm looking for a fabric store to search. Thanks though for the reply!

Crazy Chocobo
08-15-2005, 21:46
Any luck yet? If not...

Black elastic can be found at JoAnn fabrics.

Also, many supermarkets in Taiwan stock various different colors of elastic in plenty of sizes.

Of course, you're in Washington, so I don't think you'd be able to go to a supermarket in Taiwan in a reasonable time frame. You should be able to paint the white elastic another color.

cree82
08-15-2005, 22:17
I have been fortunate to find black elastic at several locations. Besides JoAnn Fabrics, I was also able to find it at Michael's Arts & Crafts, & Wal-Mart.

Also, as an alternative, you could use grossgrain ribbon. It lasts longer & works better when making leg straps.

Mik'sStudio
07-08-2006, 21:47
I think someone once mentioned Paper Zone (I think that is what is called, there is one downtown Seattle near Starbuck's headquarters) that sells suitable material for straps. Not sure of colors, but I need to get down there and check them out.

grizzerr
07-08-2006, 23:19
You can dye it with Rit.....