quick\easy way of making custom (Black) tattoos [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : quick\easy way of making custom (Black) tattoos

rambeau87
06-23-2005, 15:09
1). Print out what you want just like you would any other document.

2).Time's a factor.

3).Place a strip of scotch tape over it. (press it down good so you get full coverage)

4).SLOWLY,CAREFULLY remove the tape in a manner such as
to not take little paper particles with it . The tape should bring most of the printer ink with it only now it has a black/grey look that's slightly more realistic.

5).place the tape on a slick surface(I use a CD case) and use an X-acto knife to trim away the excess.(the tape can NOT come into contact with human skin)

6).put it on the figure (it's best to use tweezers for this job) and make try to any avoid wrinkles/distortions that make the tape more visible. When you're done the tape should be fairly hard to see and if you grow weary of it all you have to do is peel it off and throw it away.

This won't look as good as those decal\transfer thingies but it's
quicker,cheaper,and dosen't permanently harm the figure.

This only works with BLACK ink. Don't ask me why.

Bobby
06-26-2005, 18:06
Hey! I used to do something like that but I put them on me instead of my onesix guys.
If you use wax paper you don't have to rush so much and you don't risk taking the paper with the tape. Downside is the wax paper doesn't always feed into the printer like a regular sheet of paper. But I'm sure photo paper would have the same effect since its got a waxy surface., just tell the printer its normal paper.

rambeau87
07-25-2005, 00:17
Dude,sorry I just now noticed (or remembered at least) you replied to my post !! Umm..Thanks for the tip. Sorry,better late than never I guess.:O