Treasure from trash (Pics up now). [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Treasure from trash (Pics up now).

Pivot
03-08-2005, 17:02
Have a pile of those useless DML Molle Packs lying around? Pissed that you even invested your time and effort into these POS packs?

Have no fear! You can derive some use from them after all! After realizing that the BBI Arthur Fenton SPEAR Buttpack was way, waaaaay out of sale, I enter a period of mourning. It's a nice piece of kit. I now have a solution:

Spare strips of black webbing.
2 fastex buckles
1 Main MOLLE pack
Thick or extra thick Cyanoacrylate glue (stick it in the freezer for 5 minutes if you need it thicker)
Lighter

Before you start, have a look at the ref picture to see how it will all come together. This is a 1:1 shot of the Bianchi SPEAR Buttpack.

1) Cut the "claymore pocket" off the MOLLE pack, making sure the back panel is still intact.
2) Use the lighter to burn down any loose threads.
3) Carefully color the molle straps of the claymore pocket black with a sharpie. Alternately, strip off the existing webbing and sew on black webbing.
4) Glue a two small loops over the back of the claymore pocket so that the fastex buckles will sit over the zipper closure.
5) Glue strips of webbing to the bottom, and run them through the lower stripe of Molle webbing on the face of the buttpack, lace that through the free end of the fastex buckles.
6) Glue a loop of black webbing to the top for the carry handle.
7) If desired, attach a black belt to the back of the pack, if not, attach your choice of molle hanger system.

After scrambling around the house, I'v finally found batteries for the digital cam, here's some pics of the finished product.

Pivot
03-11-2005, 11:27
Here's some pics of the finished product...

Pivot
03-11-2005, 11:28
Here's for size comparison to the now stripped SPEAR buttpack that came with BBI Fenton.

Pivot
03-11-2005, 11:29

Just Clay
03-11-2005, 13:04
Excellent. much better then the woodland parasol and matching mini-skirt you were originally considering.

Very nicely done.

Pivot
03-11-2005, 13:36
<grumble>

You weren't supposed to tell...

Yujin
03-11-2005, 15:53
Great mod Pivot!

As for your banter w Hardcase...

:rolling :grinroll

Liquid Fox
03-11-2005, 23:10