Photo of real life desert CADPAT uniforms [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Photo of real life desert CADPAT uniforms

basx
05-01-2004, 08:38
Hi all:
Here's a nice hi res photo of Canadian soldiers wearing desert CADPAT (http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/operations/Athena/photos/Apr30.jpg)
Note the APC commander's little Canadian fflag velcroed in the middle of his flak vest
xavier

Nighthawk264
05-01-2004, 13:19
Nice bash possibilities. I have not seen that Canadian desert pattern before. What site did you get the photo??

basx
05-01-2004, 14:51
Nighthawak:
From the offical DND website dedicated to Canada's current military operation overseas.

xavier

Von Cougar
05-01-2004, 14:53
of the very few modern figures i would like to have in my collection, a CADPATed Canadian is the number one. how the heck much longer will we need to wait for the CADPAT to come out? any custom ones out there?

GIGENE
05-01-2004, 16:38
I've said it once...
And I'll say it again...

Lets have a 1/6th Canadian figure from Afghanistan already! :rant

basx
05-01-2004, 19:22
Von Cougar:
Yup. Ancientwhiteman did a nice Canadian soldier in temperate CADPAT. I'm working on a 'secret project' After iIfinish it, I think I'lll want to turn my attention to a Canadian soldier. :)
G.I. Gene:

We can pretty much forget ant foreign figures, all the major companies are either too scared off or too dull to be bold enough to produce another foreign soldier. Hell, Canada could lead the invasion of Iran and we'd still wouldn't see a Canadian figure :sadshake
My view is give us ELCANs, give us Gallet helmet and we'll take care of the rest.
xavier
xavier

GIGENE
05-01-2004, 22:54
*SIGH* Does anybody know where I find the book "Sewing 1/6th Military Uniforms For Dummies" or "The Idiot's Guide to Making Custom 1/6th Uniforms & Gear"? :bag

Von Cougar
05-02-2004, 19:17
GI, i think before you start sewing you'll need the 1/6 CADPAT. is that available anywhere? anyone?

basx
05-02-2004, 21:19
Voncougar:
opsgear has the temperate CADPAT. Ancientwhiteman made teh desert CADPAT. If you're handy with Photoshop or any other image creation program, head to the cloth the soldier site at DND and you can download a JPG of both camo patterns and then make your own.

xavier

Von Cougar
05-03-2004, 07:20
anyone have the opsgear CADPAT? any pictures of it? or should i email them and ask for a better photo...just wondering on the accuracy/quality of it.
perhaps a "1/6 Modern Canadian Military Uniforms For Dummies" books is key! :)

basx
05-03-2004, 11:30
Von cougar:
Opgear's CADPAT is close enough. On my screen I have Steve William's pattern- which is opgear's- the green is less relish:lol but it's close enough given the differences in manufacturing techniques.
xavier

Von Cougar
05-03-2004, 11:33
awesome, basx, thanks a lot. i'm going to write opsgear and ask some questions, and hopefully get some sections of the pattern sometime soon for a summer project.
let's hope the big boys beat me to it, though! i won't mind

jonny88
02-07-2008, 22:44
of the very few modern figures i would like to have in my collection, a CADPATed Canadian is the number one. how the heck much longer will we need to wait for the CADPAT to come out? any custom ones out there?

yea same here l want to make a figure of a canadian soldier in afghanistan with the CADPAT uniform but they dont make them or any 1/6 canadian stuff pisses me off someone should make that stuff because its a cool uniform, and there is no customs l have been all over ebay and nothing.

jonny88
02-07-2008, 22:46
I've said it once...
And I'll say it again...

Lets have a 1/6th Canadian figure from Afghanistan already! :rant

im still waiting and can not make a custom one either there is no CADPAT out there..

panzerwerk
02-08-2010, 18:28
Just got this in the mail , it would be nice in 1/6th

http://camo.panzerwerk.com/images/stories/CADPATarid1.JPG

Brave Rifles
02-08-2010, 22:32
Good catch Steve!! Makes for a nice addition to your collection brother.

panzerwerk
02-08-2010, 22:50
Thanks Mike , I am finding out how rare these things are , I had no idea !!