Why Arizona ? [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : Why Arizona ?

gijane
01-15-2010, 01:19
while trying to pick ONE city with the most 1/6 stores
to stop-over on my cross-continent business trip :
I realized there are quite a number of 1/6 stores around the Phoenix area,
and more if you look for Heroe-based toys including movie characters .

is there a specific reason to this ?
such as hobbyists with money AND time after early-retirement,
or an ideal central geographic location to ship out orders ..

Doktor Von Evil
01-15-2010, 15:21
I never really thought about it but I guess its somewhat true. Maybe not so much for shipping but for shows and events.

War-Toys Commander
01-16-2010, 19:04
Cause this is where my Mommy DROPPED me. (HEHEHE)

Grunt1162
01-17-2010, 20:03
Never thought much about retiring to Arizona, but it would be worth it to be around all those 1/6 stores.

The Matey
01-18-2010, 17:01
yeah theres one down the street from me :)

gijane
01-18-2010, 21:11
yeah theres one down the street from me :)

when you get the time
would very much like to hear YOUR personal favourite rankings on
brick-and-mortar stores in your area
for I definitely would like to drop by
for 1/6 military as well as movie characters .

azteca
01-19-2010, 01:42
well pointblanktoys dont have a store front but we are located in spring valley ca and my friend from toywarriors is located in chula vista ca we are two dealers out here in sandiego area and we rule these parts here basically we sell out at kobys swapmeet but whenever your down sandiego area give me an email and you can come down to our home base we carry just about every thing but in short quantity the more customers the more we buy

Geppetto2
01-19-2010, 14:24
It is because it is HOT and never rains. You don't have to worry about mold, mildew, because those conditions are not present here in the desert. The cost of living here is cheaper but it will drain a few years from your life. :drool

I have been to War Toys and Monkeys store fronts and they are nice to see the goods before you buy but really it is just nice to talk with the owners as they have a finger on the pulse of the hobby. I am not sure that I save on postage with the price of gas being so high but there is instant gratification when I do go so that is worth something. I am not sure that there is a very large group of people that live here that are into the hobby but that may be because the hobby is more interverted.

Jeff (Geppetto):thumb

The Matey
01-19-2010, 16:56
You might have herd of this store they actually have a account on here,Their store is called Toy Anxiety its a great little store that carries a lot of old and new toys. They carry lots of brands including Hot toys, Neca, Dragon, Blue box, Medicom, Sideshow and many many more. They have a website but they don't have everything posted on it. As you said you like "1/6 military and movie characters" their biggest section is with 1/6 military although its so big that if theres something your looking for you might have to ask them because they don't have everything on display they have a lot in the back, actually i had no idea their were other stores here i have only been to this place, Their a little pricey but i think its worth it in the end. I have gotten all my figures from them i have been going their for years. Pics at the bottom.

tathataboy
01-20-2010, 15:13
The only place I knew of here in KC for 1/6 scale blew the dust of this town off its heels and went to....Arizona. Goodstufftogo. I remember their basement of wonders (it was run out of a couple's house). Sigh. Now it's all internet and shipping costs. At least I still have that!

Grunt1162
01-20-2010, 18:14
The only place I knew of here in KC for 1/6 scale blew the dust of this town off its heels and went to....Arizona. Goodstufftogo. I remember their basement of wonders (it was run out of a couple's house). Sigh. Now it's all internet and shipping costs. At least I still have that!

Bad news, the internet is moving to Arizonza, too.