Pink = Reinforcement outlines
Red = Hidden/Option
Blue = Netting placement
Lime Green = Cut-away items
-----------------------------------------------------
Lets start with the Front.

Step 1
Reinforcements:
Remove the pockets on the blouse, and half of the cargo pockets, the front part.

Size your reinforcement fabric and fabritac (or sew) it in place. If you use fabritac (not alot), make a zig-zag design on the reinforcement fabric back and place it. Make sure it is flush. Then, fabritac the sides/edges so they will not fray. Do the same for the legs.

Step 2 (Optional)
Knee Padding:
Cut some fabric into an oval, make sure its thick, but not too thick. fabritac or sew it in place. Then, repeat step 1 over the padding.

ermeynator
03-07-2004, 04:22
Step 3
Netting:
Lay the uniform flat and flush, back-side up. Then lay the netting over it and sew or fabritac it in place. Once in place, cut it out leaving the netting in position on the uniform.
NOTE: If you look at the picture on steps 1 and 2, note that the nettinf does go over the shoulders.

Step 4
Elbow reinforcements:
Repeat steps 1 and/or 2.
NOTE: The reinforcements arent directly on the elbow. It is off-center and rests on the bottom (not lower) of the fore-arm the most.

crisibabe
03-07-2004, 04:22
hi ermy looking forward to see the real deal you're preparing dude. thank you for the tutorial. :thumb

:smoking

ermeynator
03-07-2004, 04:29
Step 5
The 1/6 jute:
I havent made my ghillie yet, but nearing to. Cheese cloth looks good for the jute, 1 pack will be more than enough, all you have to do is dye it the color you want.

Step 6
The vail:
Almost like step 3, but, no tacing or sewing. just place it over the boonie and closely cut like in the picture. Where there are red X's, thats where you will tie the netting on with the dyed cheese cloth by using the loops on the boonie.

ermeynator
03-07-2004, 04:32
Now, after completing the steps, go all out tieing the stands on. use multiple stands. You dont have to worry about size, just don't make it too long or too short. Try not to make every group of strads the same length. There is no pattern in this process.

Nighthawk264
03-07-2004, 04:39
Kool, I am going to have to try that!!

gooseman
03-07-2004, 04:43
Ermy...Nice break down...

If you want to see 1:1 instructions and get some background on the real thing for history etc...including some interesting facts I would also recommend the following web link - pop ups are annoying, but what this site doesnt have on suits, I wouldnt need to know!

Alyasha
03-07-2004, 05:35
Looking good Cousin !
Having taken pattern making and being in the garment industry , it would be my educated observation that this pattern of yours ROCKS !
I might just have to use this for one of my next bashes .
Really well thought out and an excellent presentation .
If you don't end up enlisting ,you might want to think about the fashion industry .
Can't wait to see the final result .

Keep up the great work !
:thumb

ScanmanDan
03-07-2004, 06:30
Very well explained. Never an easy task at the best of times but harder still with something so complex. Thanks for the info and curse your eyes for putting ideas in my head.:)
Dan

deadsel
03-07-2004, 09:02
Looks like a exlalent pattern dude!

ermeynator
03-07-2004, 10:09
Thanks guys, and thank you Aly :thumb
I will make a photo tutorial when i get all my supplies. You can get the netting from Project ARE for $2 per foot (6" wide). I just ordered 3 feet of it and it looks good.