One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Cool Video Check It Out

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  UNDERDOG1 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Wow. That's the first documentary I've ever seen that demonstrates how it really is over there for an ODA. That's awesome. I think I saw a couple of Afghanis I recognize too!

#6 ·
Can somebody tell me what media format this clip is in??? My media player 9 wont open it.

#10 ·
this is the error message i am getting no matter what link I go to........

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not responding. If you entered a URL or path to play the file, verify that it is correct. If you clicked a link to play the file, the link may not be valid.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
The file is in ASF format. Check microsoft.com for the codec since it was develope by microsoft. Also see if you have divx codec on your comp it might help. If you are playing it on win amp don't try to fast forward cause the format won't let you do it.

Tung

#12 ·
Ok I messed around a bit and got a solution for you guys. For some reason windows media player does not always play the video when viewing streams. There are you ways to get around this. Firstly, try a program like winamp3 or 5 to view the video. The other solution lets you save the file. Its a program that lets you save streaming video. Its only a 15 day trial but it does the trick. http://stream-down.cocsoft.com the video is located at mms://streams2.omroep.nl/wm/tv/ikon/factor/bb.20031024.asf If you still cant get it to work you probably need to do what tung suggested and get updated codecs. And a big thank you to grimhooligan for posting the link.

#13 ·
What ther heck did Tung say to do. I cant read his post without seeing BOOBIESSSSSSS !!!!!!!. I mena it has been forever since I have seen Boobies. I'm in Kosovo for crying out loud !!!!!!!

Seriously though i may try the updated codec idea. Unfortunately being here in kosovo we are restricted to alot of things, Streaming video and audio just to name a few, so you idea wont work for me Heir Doctor. They say it takes up to much bandwidth. Hell alot of the posts on this forum I have to use Proxy avoidance sit just to view some of the pics because of the security. Fortunately being the Network Admin for my unit I have figured out many ways to bypass things on this network but still cant get streaming audo or video let alone MP3 through it. Oh well I will be back home within a month or so. Then real life can begin again.

G
#14 ·
To capture and save the .asf afghanistan video use wm-recorder:

www.wmrecorder.com

I downloaded the trial version and cracked it to acquire the full setup (ok, I know it's not legal...but...oh, well..)

here's the link for the crack (moderators, if it's contrary to forum rules, feel free to erase it and excuse me):

http://mscracks.com/cracks/W14.php

This is the best program for saving every tipe of streaming media,I was so impressed that I bought it from wm recorder site (I felt guilty for the crack, but I used it to fully evaluate the software, I do it regularly after having bought crap software)

Hope it helps, the video is the best I've ever seen on 'stan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.