shops in San Fran. [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : shops in San Fran.

DISCOM
09-10-2003, 10:48
hi there, i would need some advise. any good 1/6 shops or offers 2 look out for in california? there's the Worlds too right (yea!) , n heard there's a desert factory outlet (for my missus).

thanks a million in advance guys! :)

THEFRISCOKid
09-10-2003, 10:56
What part of California are you going to be in?

Vegas Bubba

DISCOM
09-10-2003, 11:17
oooo thank you Vegas Bubba :thumb

Los Angeles city... Nice things Nice things? :banana

USMCCHET92_96
09-10-2003, 12:04
EchobaseToys is right outside of LA.

THEFRISCOKid
09-10-2003, 12:15
Echo Base Toys is the best place to go. If you are in the LA area you have to go to EBT. Nann and Tung are the best. The loose gear and Toy soldier stuff is to die for. They will make you feal at home. Bring lots of $$$$$.

Vegas Bubba

Q_Con
09-10-2003, 17:09
There are a bunch of outlet centers around the LA area: Camarillo Premium Outlets (Camarillo), The Citadel (City of Commerce), one on the way to Vegas and another towards Palms Springs...I can't rememver which city those two are in though. Don't forget to visit Puzzle Zoo on 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica to look, but not buy...way too expensive there. Toys R Us would be good to check out too if you're interested in the 1:18 Black Hawks or Little Birds. I have to agree about Echobase...awesome store. Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills is another place to look around for the high priced stuff...or watch the streets for exotic cars.

I hope you're bringing empty suitcases with you :)

Just Clay
09-10-2003, 17:28
take alot of money.... then go get somemore

ALX2000
09-10-2003, 17:49
If you're flying in at LAX, there is a Toys R Us conveniently located a couple of miles to the south on the 405 freeway at the Rosecrans exit (it's on the east side of the freeway). When I was there last month, they had a couple of the 21C WWII German rafts, and a lot of the BBI stuff no-one seems to like. Anyway, sure beats waiting in the crowded International terminal for a flight to arrive!

laughinggravy2
09-10-2003, 18:30
Yes to all the advice so far, especially EchoBase. Good folks there. Since you asked specifically about "Desert" locations, are we to assume you may be heading out to the dry wastes? Then try the aforementioned Palm Springs(isn't it where the PeeWee Herman dinosaurs are? Cabazon?), or the Victorville outlet malls. I don't know for sure, but they may have some Toy outlets there.

Since you will be in the desert, are we also to assume you are taking a short trip to Las Vegas? If so, try WarToys, as well. They've got tons of great stuff and are cool folks to boot. Not too far from LA, only a few hours, and then you're in Vegas after all.

There's also Brookhurst Hobbies in Orange County.

Barabas
09-10-2003, 18:51
Discom if you're gonna have a car, yes, go to Echobase. Awesome stuff in a small shop. Guys there know what they're talking about. If you're gonna be here between Thurs and Sun, take a drive out to Walnut off the 60 fwy and go to Frank & Sons. There are vendors there that will give you good deals. Stay away from Puzzle Zoo, way too expensive. Good Luck.

DISCOM
09-10-2003, 20:06
hahaha lots n lots of money?!?! roger dat dude!!! :thumb ooh, i can feel my wallet heating up now...OH .. OUCH!

:banana EBT here I come :banana EBT here I come...

Victor Mike Tango (very much thanks!) guys :)

mongoose
09-11-2003, 11:50
i'd have to say the best deals are at Frank and Sons. You can get BBI boxed figs for $30, no tax. there are 2 vendors that sells 1/6th there. one of them is echobase, the other is an airsoft place. i've bought toys from both. good luck!

10thRanger
10-08-2003, 18:09
I know somebody posted some thing like this before can some body direct me to the threed about action figure retailer shops in San Fransico.

thanks

medic
10-08-2003, 18:22
heres a couple of web site to action figure spots
http://store.yahoo.com/artoftoy/index.html?referrer=www.onesixthwarriors.com

http://www.kidrobot.com/kidpages/store.html

also jeffries toys on 7th and market, a bit pricy

Striker76
10-08-2003, 20:49
Art of Toys is a pretty good store with many figs on display. I highly recommend going there for looking at their displays. They have some of those other 1/6th stuff with the robots and stuff like that. They also have a great selection of HT, BBi, and some Dragon. They have some loose, but not too much. Jeff's toys in on the corner of 3rd??? and Market. Not sure if it's 3rd St or not, but it's on market, right near the huge Metreon(however you spell it).

There is also a store in Japantown, near Van Ness street and Geary, and a couple of blocks from the Chinese Counsalate and St. Mary's Cathedral. It's a small sotre but I got an InToyz Grenadier vest and there is also some BBi and DML there. It's on the first, possibly basement of the shopping complex.
There is a shop on Haight St. with some 1/6th stuff, but I was not interested in the stuff they had there. I forgot what they had, but I was disinterested.

Atlantic Toys is in Fairfield, abour 1 hr northeast of SF. They work out of their house, so there's no storefront. Soko Toys is also in SF, but I do not know if Mars minds you picking something up from his warehouse(his house). Both of them have great customer service and are very friendly. Farout Toys is in San Jose, about 1hr south of SF. I've never been there, but I know it's there.

>I'm going to archive this thread b/c everyone seems to ask this question(myself included).

Unforgiven5150
10-08-2003, 21:49
Soko Toys is in San Fran. Not sure if Mars has a storefront though.

trauth116
10-09-2003, 07:29
If you get down the coast a bit -- there is a neat shop in Cambria called something like The Toy Soldier Boutque - they are pretty pricey -- but it was a real cool shop - considering that there is nothing like it in Kansas City --- they had some Dragon, some Sideshow -- some model kits, books- etc...

goatjager
10-09-2003, 09:31
E-mail Mars at Soko Toys, and he might be able to meet you and bring you a purchase instead of paying shipping. I met him over in Japantown and I paid cash. Soko Toys has a very good selection of stuff, too. I didn't buy from any of the other vendors in town. The selection and price weren't all that good, IMHO.

I did take a train ride to San Jose and a walk to Japantown there to visit Far Out Toys. The owner [I can't remember his name] was a great guy. We talked about the hobby and the G.I. Joe show that was happening in late June. I looked through his spare parts boxes and picked up a few things. Well worth the train ride and several mile walk [I'm cheap. Got to save money for the hobby.] :)