any good shops in San fancisco and san jose [Archive] - OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum

View Full Version : any good shops in San fancisco and san jose

denzylkoh
09-09-2003, 09:45
Guys and gals...

I will be going over to Sanfancisco this coming month so I was wondering where you guys/gals can help me out. Where are the MUST go 1/6 shops in town or San jose? I wouldnt mind flying to aukland if I need to. I would be there on a working trip. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

romedome
09-09-2003, 11:37
San Jose, it's farouttoys.com located on Jackson & 4th street, in the San Jose Japantown area, Armando's the owner. I know there's at least one in SF but I haven't been there so I can't remember the name...

Have fun, though! :)

medic
09-09-2003, 11:51
7TH and market, Jeffries Toys, mainly boxed figures, no loose parts

ghpham
09-09-2003, 11:58
In San Jose there's Far Out Toys and they carry DML and BBI figures. They are located on the corner of 4th Street and Jackson right in the middle of Japan town.

In SF, there's Art of Toys which carries super limited overseas releases. If you go there be prepare to bring lots of $$$

Striker76
09-09-2003, 13:55
There's a store in Japantown, on the first floor. It's sort of hidden, but if you look, you'll see it. It has BBi, DML, HT, and some InToyz. There's another one, I forgot the name, but it's on Clement I think. It has many many many figs, and they're regular price, maybe a few dollars more. I think that store's name may be Art of Toys. If not, that shop that I was talking about is pretty cool, but I didn't find anything I liked there.

goatjager
09-09-2003, 17:47
Mars from Soko Toys runs an internet business out there in SF. I talked to him about meeting him and picking up some items from his website, when i was out there in June. It saved on shipping, and Mars is a good guy to boot. He showed me that shop in Japantown, too. Atlantic Toys is over by Vacaville, if you have a car. You might try contacting them, too, from what I heard. Far Out Toys in San Jose is a good place to buy stuff, too. Armando had some loose parts that I browsed through, too. HTH

Striker76
09-09-2003, 21:17
Mars is a very, very nice person. I put an order in on a Sunday, since I was coming here the following Monday. I wanted to see if I could pick up my order that same day. He called my phone # in a couple of hours granting me permission to do so. He had some old Rangers that I got for $30 from him. I ordered from him last Sunday, and he left a little noted asking how I was doing. Very nice, soft-spoken guy. I highly recommend him as he is very friendly. I also had the opportunity to meet the nice couple that owns AtlanticToys. They were very nice also and of course everyone on the board knows about their excellent service overall. Vacaville is about 1/1hr 15 mins from SF, and SJ is going down the other way, but a little less than an hour.