One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

When Threads Go Bad - A guide

9K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Davinator65 
#1 ·
From time to time here on OSW, there will be figures/subjects/posts/threads that cause problems for member(s). When that occurs, it is IMPORTANT that members contact staff, and report the situation. It is a staff matter, and not the job of members to get themselves mired in.

We are two months into the year, and have had to deal with a variety of issues that were all avoidable. As of this posting, the leniency that staff has applied will be ended. The regs and rules of behavior are known, a considerable amount of flexibility has been exercised. Still, just as in RL, while the majority strive to engage in common purpose, some must disrupt for their own reasons. Those who choose to do so will be treated accordingly.

#3 ·
Its really funny how often this is beeing said here, seriously is it really that necessary? ive yet to see a thread here that really crossed any line, sure a heated argument here and there, but thats human nature. I know its not a completly privatly owned site (figures.com involvement or something) but still...

/edit: And yes i do realise this post will be deleted because this isnt the place for discussions about the topic...

#10 ·
Its really funny how often this is beeing said here, seriously is it really that necessary? ive yet to see a thread here that really crossed any line, sure a heated argument here and there, but thats human nature. /edit: And yes i do realise this post will be deleted because this isnt the place for discussions about the topic...
Apparently it is necessary, or PD wouldn't have felt the need to post this. Being human, that is, the highest form of life on this planet, we should be able to enter into a conversation and carry on in an adult manner. Sadly, though, there are people who use the relative anomymity of the internet to say things that they would never say if they were in the same room with the recipient/subject of the remark (either for fear of hurting someone's feelings, or getting their ass beat as a result). That's where the whole "human nature" thing loses credibility in my eyes; weak people use it as a crutch and excuse when they're too lazy, complacent, or scared about what other people will think, to make the effort to do the right thing.

Yes, this is a great site and one of the most grown up places you'll ever visit on line, and that's due in large part to the Mods, who, I notice didn't rise to the bait of your edit, Paladin. We all like to visit here and we all should be able to join in the conversation without acting like an ass. There are plenty of people who seldom had anything positive to say who no longer post here. Good riddance. There are plenty of places to go on the web to talk smack; this doesn't need to be one of them.

This post is, as I see it, both a statement and a guide, telling members that BS will no longer be tolerated and what to do, and what not to do, when it occurs.

It really boils down to the central behavioural tenet of my life: take responsibility for your actions.

Thank you PD and all the rest of the Mods for the work that you do, and the grief that you deal with so that the rest of us can have a place to "hang out".

My .02

#6 ·
I'm not going to read the thread - I'm going to wait for it to come on cable.

:bag

Seriously, other boards have a list of the mods for that section, so if you need a Mod their names are there to click on and PM. If we need to call OSWPD it's not quite as easy. Could we add a Mods list somewhere?

#11 ·
I've seen a couple of threads along these lines, and I don't get to check the forum as much as I used to.

Most will be spared and won't ever see those threads in their original form, if at all, because the mods usually clean them up quickly--and that is no fun task for them at all.

Thanks mods~

#13 · (Edited)
Which is all the more amazing when you consider that Pukingdog isn't actually a person but an Artificial Intelligence programme written by the Cyberdyne Systems Corporation.

Pukingdog = Prototype Universal Knowledge Intelligent Network Guide Directing OSW Generations

Of course, they haven't got all of the bugs out of the system yet.

:lol

#15 ·
I try to view almost all action figure subjects as art. I also realize this may be a little naive. One thing I do worry about is censorship. Start to remove too many subjects and there wouldn't be much left. Sure glad I don't have to make those hard decisions on what to keep and what to allow.
Great job on the acronyms!

#16 ·
if i caused offense on the sideshow firefly thread i apologize, im impressed by all the cobra grunt customs i see on here & my comments were in no way meant to be taken as negative towards the talent i have seen on here. the suggestion by a certain member that because i didnt have many posts i had not done my research did p#ss me off a bit & i was probably a bit immature in my response! seems to be a lot of cliquey snobbery on most other figure forums but it was nice that 100 people didnt jump on me & join in so im glad i signed on here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.