Sidebar info overflow when OSW opened with Firefox

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Sidebar info overflow when OSW opened with Firefox

Sidebar info overflow when OSW opened with Firefox

Hello,

I only recently used Mozilla Firefox (I think it is better then IE ) but experienced a little annoyance when I visited OSW.
    As you can see from the following screenshot :

Screenshot with Mozilla Firefox

The sidebar info overflow to the main topic screen. It gets more annoying when you opened up a thread and you see these lines on the side.
    Not a big deal, just that it doesn't looks right and I want to make a query on how to (if there is a how to) set it right?

I am running on Win Vista Bizness edition on a 14" (widescreen) laptop monitor.
    My screen resolution is set to 1280 x 800.

The funny thing is, when I run OSW on IE, the arrangement looks perfect.
    Check out the below screenshot for comparison :

Screenshot with IE

Apologies if this is a dumb question cos I am really a newbie in these areas.
    Any help is much appreciated
    Go 1 down to advance 2 up
    Red6

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the screen caps!
    That's strange. I develop for Firefox by default and never ran into that. Is this a new install of Firefox? Also, do you know which version it is? Thanks!
    I'll be sure to look into it.

What's also strange is there's a missing image in the IE version in the orange bar. Hmmm.

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

I've just upgraded to FF v.3.0.4. and ran an earlier version before that and don't have any problems with OSW.

(The only problem I have with FF is reading .pdf files - but that's not relevant here )

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks Norm for your very very quick response. My version were of the same as ActionMan ie 3.0.4 which I just got it updated this morning. But I have been using the earlier version before with the same issue.

I noticed this when I am performing a quick response to this thread :

Quickly prompted me to check the font size (and type) settings. It was originally set as "Times New Roman, 16 pt). Played with it awhile (ie Tools > Options > Contents > Fonts & Color) and tried a few combinations, it stays the same.

If you need any more information for narrowing down the troubleshooting, please do not hesitate to post it here. I'll send it up as soon as I am online again

Thanks again fellas!
    Red6

Regarding the image above... that is the strangest thing. It should be a graphic just like the rest of the icons before it. But for some reason, some images just aren't showing up for you.

This is the image you should be seeing:

Also, in the IE image, I mentioned there's another missing image in the orange bar. And you know what... a missing image that sets the width of the left column could be the source of your problems regarding the layout overlap. Hmmmm.

Are you able to see these images when you click on them?

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/images_osw/_spacer_.gif (you'll just get a blank page for this, but as long as it's not an error, it's ok)
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/imag...cHeadForum.gif
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...itor/quote.gif

I also changed a couple things which I think might help. Try clearing the browser cache or just press ctrl+f5.

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

YEAH! Norm! You are a genius. A quick ctrl-F5 sets everything straight. I am seeing a perfectly laid out screen now and the icon in the "quick reply" box is showing the icon instead of the wordings. In short, all the right are right now. Thanks again Norm

Meanwhile, I am seeing all 3 links as what they should have shown, including the 1st link which shows a blank screen
    Red6