One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

SITE ISSUES, please read

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  vs-admin 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

my name is Li and I know a lot of you are really upset with the ongoing site issues and lack of response from the admin accounts (and me). I'm very sorry for this.
I would really like to make it better if you can give me a chance to fix this and I know that a lot of you are very fond of this site and have been devoted members for a very long time.

Please post any concerns on this site on this thread so I can keep track of the issues ongoing. Any new threads being posted elsewhere may take longer time to resolve because I wouldn't know where to look for it so to make things easier for me to escalate and for you to report, let's keep it all here.

I noticed that a lot of users post in the News and reviews section but since it's also overlapping with topic related to 1/6 figures, it would be really congested and unorganized.

In addition, any posts that go into these sections will be sent to my inbox so I know immediately when someone has responded or when someone has opened a new thread.

To start off and show that i care about the site, I have already listed all the issues on the forum that I could find and am waiting for our developers to resolved.

1) When users are logged in, all threads only show one post per page. forum settings are set to show 20 per posts and the same with user settings. everytime this gets fixed on the user end, and someone gets jostled in the admincp, the threads are back to one page per post again. TICKET: 2985696 (still broken)
2) text editor keeps on resetting to basic editor even when the user sets it to WYSIWYG. TICKET: 3018316 (new pending)
3) Avatar keeps on disappearing. the first time I visited the site, they couldn't save avatars so I got Sheena to fix the permissions in image settings, but now it's back again where I can't save avatars. TICKET: 2923455 (reopening)

4) Text editor issues where the text editor keeps on reverting back to basic editor even though settings are set to WYSIWYG. TICKET: 3018316 PENDING
5) Contact us emails are not being sent out to techs. This is something that I recently found out. TICKET: 309047 PENDING

As for the Hacked site issue mentioned in this post New layout again.....?, this happened prior to our acquisition and we have asked Jim Dolan about this and he does not know about the breach, Jim has recommended everyone to change their passwords as soon as we found out.
We installed a new security plugin to help prevent future breaches.

for users who are experiencing site issues and can not reach out to any of the mods and admins, please email me (llin@verticalscope.com) OR Jim Dolan (jd@figures.com).
The email I have provided you is my own work email so I will respond to it with the next 12-24 hours when you send them.

Please let me know how your experience is on the site and I'll try my best to get this working for everyone as soon as I can.

Thank you very much.

Community Support Team,

Li

New Issues:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions
Text editor issues on OSW. this is an existing issue with Chrome. this seems to be an ongoing issue with vbulletin4.
TICKET: 3018316 PENDING

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sendmessage.php
Contact us is not working.
TICKET: 309047

Password field not allowing users to change temporary password.
TICKET: 2997891 Fixed.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Li,

I find it rather disturbing that your list of issues does not include the single most troubling problem, which is that many of us are unable to use our existing passwords, have to keep applying for a temporary password to log on, and then cannot set a new permanent password, receiving the following stupid error message:

vBulletin Message
The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

(Of course our new password is not going to match our current one, which in that case would just be the temporary one issued by the system.)

Moreover, some members are apparently unable to get a even a temporary password, therefore being completely locked out.

#3 ·
About time a dedicated thread with direct links to the new admin was created. Everyone complaining in random separate threads was not very helpful, just kept DFC occupied! :lol :wink

#4 ·
Hey there,

can you give me usernames of those users who are locked out? I can manually reset those.

as for users who can't change their temporary password, I noticed this yesterday as well and escalated that, this should be fixed now. can you try changing it?

Li

#5 ·
I finally got back in. What an absolute JOKE this has been. Instead of asking for a list of the people who are locked out, why don't you send out a group email that you have FINALLY fixed the issue? You shouldn't assume that we would know who all is locked out. There are plenty of members here who do not personally know how to reach other members to let them know they are locked out.

#6 ·
Hey there,

Since we're based in Canada, we have CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Law) that prevents us from sending emails like that. And it would be ineffective and as well as waking up spam accounts.

What I can do is put up a notice for all GUESTS/Not logged in users to see so that they will know who to reach if they need help.

Lee

#7 ·
Another user reported getting this error on the latest version of FireFox on Windows 7. I was able to reproduce it on FireFox 59.0.2 on Windows 10 by going to https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/ while not logged in.

"Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.onesixthwarriors.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

The more information says:
"Connection Not Encrypted
The website www.onesixthwarriors.com does not support encryption for the page you are viewing. Information sent over the Internet without encryption can be seen by other people while it is in transit."

#11 ·
Hi sysads. I am having serious trouble when PMing another user.
I am pretty new to this forum. I think I created my account correctly, but it is just not working right.
I have sent you a message via the "Contact Us" facility. Please check it out, look into the issue and let me know asap.
Thanks a lot dudez!
Best,
m.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.