One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgggghh! Is ANYONE able to upload pics in our gallery?

7K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  vs-admin 
#1 ·
The current techs don't seem to be able to figure out the problem, they would like more input.

IF you are able to upload pics in the gallery, at this time, chime in.

I cannot at the moment, but it has gotten so chaotic, maybe others can.

For that matter, chime in if you cannot.

#12 ·
well, I haven't posted anything to the galleries, all my old pics were gone(?) but I just uploaded a pic, no problem to my gallery, of course, I can't figure out how to attach it to this reply though:think

#14 ·
Yeah, a number of those functions, including some admin editing, seem to be mucked up.

Gerald came up with a fix, renaming a pic, by adding _jpg to the name.

In this case, I renamed thinker(.jpg) to thinker_jpg, per Gerald's instructions. It uploaded.

Why don't we just... wait here for a little while... see what happens?

#17 ·
--

Find another member you trust and see if they can possibly update your avatar through their PC using your credentials if you're that desperate.

Given the ongoing problems, it could be desktop environment fickleness and/or naming format of the file you're attempting to upload.

#20 ·
Per a communication from the Head Shed, the following (somewhat abreviated):

The image upload and posting issues are blamed on PhotoPost, in particular that they no longer update their software.

A new software tool will be purchased and installed. It is supposed to take care of our current needs and beyond.

#22 ·
Per a communication from the Head Shed, the following (somewhat abreviated):

The image upload and posting issues are blamed on PhotoPost, in particular that they no longer update their software.

A new software tool will be purchased and installed. It is supposed to take care of our current needs and beyond.
Great to hear this is being addressed, I attempted again to update my avatar with no success, any word on when this will take place?

#24 ·
I just tried uploading an image, without modification, and it worked for me.

So, I tried another random upload. It worked again.

I will admit that I have no idea whether this is due to an upgrade, a broken ground wire on Level 39, or God rolling dice......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.