Once more, behavior on OSW - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once more, behavior on OSW

The Beginner Collector Unregistered Guest

Re: Once more, behavior on OSW

Quote Originally Posted by The Ulsterman View Post
    Yes, it's very sad, and like i said some time back....there is a lot of negativity and downright nastiness, that has crept into our beautiful hobby lately.
    When it comes to ill feeling on OSW though, you can bet your bottom dollar of at least one certain member stuck in the middle of it!
    Lol. Does that member realise you mean him though?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --
    I have more admiration and respect for and to those who customize, scratch build, and buy the required parts to create their own 1:6 figure compared to those who display a figure straight from the box and boast about how it's the greatest thing than 1:6 sliced bread. Granted, I may not always post praise or support for it.
    I also have more admiration for fellow kitbashers, but I wouldn't criticise other people for buying and displaying their OOB figures. As long as they're happy why should kitbashers and scratchbuilders bother about it?

You can see from my avatar and threads that I scratchbuild as well as bash... yet do I give a rat's bum hole about so-and-so's fresh and minty Stormtrooper? Nope. I can admire a boxed figure as much as someone's bashed figure.

I also pre-ordered a movie based figure and someone asked why don't I just bash the same figure? The head isn't available, the clothing isn't available... that's why. I could use 3D printed parts, but they'd cost more than the boxed figure, and I'd still have to find a head and clothing.

This a big hobby (literally) and there is more than enough room for all of us, whatever our abilities or preferences. If you're not interested in seeing someone's new Marty McFly and deLorean then don't look... simples.

The Battle Rages On

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyioV7P6hk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyioV7P6hk[/ame]

Indeed it does...
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
    The Battle Rages On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyioV7P6hk

Indeed it does...
    Superb link!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beginner Collector View Post
    Lol. Does that member realise you mean him though?
    --

Yes.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

We must consider too that the person showing their HT (or whatever) pride and joy and may have had it on their xmas list for some time, it may have been bought as a one off treat, family may have clubbed together to buy it. We don't know. Slamming them personally as they display it is wrong. I would be mortified and run away from a forum that did that to me.

Also we don't know the age, health or metal capacity of the poster, making the assumption that they are your equal is wrong. For example a lady asked a question (not 1/6th related) on my FB page - a simple easy to answer question but before I could answer a friend jumped on and banged out a sharp reply in CAPITALS like she was an idiot. I was saddened because he didn't know this gentle, simple woman who hasn't had the kind of education that he has had.

Hobbies can attract those who may have less friends than they want and may be less able to deal with the real world, which is why they love their hobby and the people they share it with. My son - a very intelligent young man - has Aspergers ,I know this to be true of him.

I am not suggesting for a moment that all 1/6th hobbyists are subnormal, friendless, loonies, I'm just saying that you don't know who is behind SuperWolf5 they may be less than Super and no Wolf.
    Last edited by Shadow; 12-09-2015 at 05:06.
    Remember, if the world didn't suck we'd all fall off!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    We must consider too that the person showing their HT (or whatever) pride and joy and may have had it on their xmas list for some time, it may have been bought as a one off treat, family may have clubbed together to buy it. We don't know. Slamming them personally as they display it is wrong. I would be mortified and run away from a forum that did that to me.

Also we don't know the age, health or metal capacity of the poster, making the assumption that they are your equal is wrong. For example a lady asked a question (not 1/6th related) on my FB page - a simple easy to answer question but before I could answer a friend jumped on and banged out a sharp reply in CAPITALS like she was an idiot. I was saddened because he didn't know this gentle, simple woman who hasn't had the kind of education that he has had.

Hobbies can attract those who may have less friends than they want and may be less able to deal with the real world, which is why they love their hobby and the people they share it with. My son - a very intelligent young man - has Aspergers ,I know this to be true of him.

I am not suggesting for a moment that all 1/6th hobbyists are subnormal, friendless, loonies, I'm just saying that you don't know who is behind SuperWolf5 they may be less than Super and no Wolf.
    Well I'm a subnormal loony for a start!!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Good to meet you, I'm in the right place at last
    Remember, if the world didn't suck we'd all fall off!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Good to meet you, I'm in the right place at last