Attn: Remember the TRADE RULES-- NO commerce in the General Discussion Area!!!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Attn: Remember the TRADE RULES-- NO commerce in the General Discussion Area!!!

Exclamation Attn: Remember the TRADE RULES-- NO commerce in the General Discussion Area!!!

Please do not conduct commerce of any kind in the General Discussion Area.

No trades, sales, or trade/sale offers or requests.

Commerce is only allowed in the Open Market area-- and only once you have met the requirements.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ad.php?t=79729

Asking for information about a dealer who might have the item you're looking for, however, is allowed.

Please do not try to bend these rules or get around them. If you're new and want to conduct trade, you'll have to be patient until you meet the trade requirements.

Thank you.
    Last edited by GrenadierStinny; 05-03-2008 at 01:56.
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A boost to the top since it's not getting proper attention.
    Let me just add that failure to comply will result in your thread being removed.
    Thanks for stopping by.....
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

Bumped!! Why?? because it's being ignored!!
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by grizzerr View Post
    Bumped!! Why?? because it's being ignored!!
    Too true!!!
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Not any longer it's not. I think I have been guilty of not obeying the rules - Cuz like schmuck I just ignored this post. My bad.

Can I ask a question for clarification? Just recently a new guy posted his bash. It had some sweet custom blades... I believe in the post I asked if he took commissions. After that we took it to PM. Was this an infraction of the rules?
    got privilege?

Preferably, the question of the commission could have been asked via PM as well, but I wouldn't call it an infraction since it was THEN taken to PM.

We usually don't come up with certain rules-- especially if they're going up as a sticky-- unless there's been major, major problems with a specific issue and we've already discussed at length other ways to possible address it.

But, I appreciate you asking the question. We're only here to try and keep this place as fun and civil as possible.

Cool thanks. Next time I'll follow the proper forms.
    got privilege?

(Bumps thread once more, to give appearance of reasonability, before handing out unpaid leaves)
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Re: Attn: Remember the TRADE RULES-- NO commerce in the General Discussion Area!!!

Wanted to give this a bump, lots of new folks and I have noticed these rules being either disregarded, or people acting in ignorance of them. Give the mods a break, educate yourselves and have a good time.

Re: Attn: Remember the TRADE RULES-- NO commerce in the General Discussion Area!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny View Post
    Preferably, the question of the commission could have been asked via PM as well, but I wouldn't call it an infraction since it was THEN taken to PM.

We usually don't come up with certain rules-- especially if they're going up as a sticky-- unless there's been major, major problems with a specific issue and we've already discussed at length other ways to possible address it.

But, I appreciate you asking the question. We're only here to try and keep this place as fun and civil as possible.

hi! , I don´t know how to put this , but I think I kinda broke the rule out of ignorance , I did post in the forum , telling me and my team are going to produce some 12 inch scale clothes , it was just an announcement , and , I´m planning on adding some pics from upcoming clothe pieces , but should I hold this ,untill I meet the proper requirements , or just show the work , without mentioning prices?...or should I just post in other treads without any mention of this?, I´m a little confused , and I really don´t want to have a bad start here , I want to earn my place in a proper way.

I'll probably bollox this all up, but there's no harm in introducing yourself and your particular place in the hobby. You didn't mention pricing either, so up 'til now all's well.

The requirements to post in Shop and Trade is meant to be a safety, to reduce as much as possible trade issues, the bain of hobbyists and staff. A complication in a hobby based on the premise of having fun.

Welcome aboard.

Mike
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    I'll probably bollox this all up, but there's no harm in introducing yourself and your particular place in the hobby. You didn't mention pricing either, so up 'til now all's well.

The requirements to post in Shop and Trade is meant to be a safety, to reduce as much as possible trade issues, the bain of hobbyists and staff. A complication in a hobby based on the premise of having fun.

Welcome aboard.

Mike
    hi pukingdog , thanks for letting me know , I don´t have a ot of experience posting ,and I want to have a good start here , and yes , this hobby is all about relaxing and having fun , take care , and thanks again

Re: Attn: Remember the TRADE RULES-- NO commerce in the General Discussion Area!

I am planing on selling some of my sculpts.. I guess I should post here, but, can I make a little introductory thread in the general area.. just displaying the pictures and asking them to visit the shop and trade area for further information?

Re: Attn: Remember the TRADE RULES-- NO commerce in the General Discussion Area!

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny View Post
    Please do not conduct commerce of any kind in the General Discussion Area.

No trades, sales, or trade/sale offers or requests.

Commerce is only allowed in the Open Market area-- and only once you have met the requirements.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ad.php?t=79729

Asking for information about a dealer who might have the item you're looking for, however, is allowed.

Please do not try to bend these rules or get around them. If you're new and want to conduct trade, you'll have to be patient until you meet the trade requirements.

Thank you.
    all about it! Seems fair! i guess i have to post 44 more times then i can start buying stuff from my peers! BOOSH!
    tomorrow is a mystery, the past is history, now is the "gift" thats why they call it the present!

Quote Originally Posted by TwelveInchFigures View Post
    Can a person automatically post once the requirements to post in the Trade area are met, or does one of the Board staff need to be contacted?

Thank you.
    Once the requirements are met you should be able to post in the Trade area automatically. If you run into any problems, please let a staff member know right away.

El Paso Trooper
    OSW staff
    In life it's not what you want, it's what you get.