Kitbash of the Month - some clarification - Added Guide to Linking Nominations - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitbash of the Month - some clarification - Added Guide to Linking Nominations

Re: Kitbash of the Month - some clarification

Quote Originally Posted by 4dEFCON View Post
    You've just reminded me of something, and I have to be honest (and probably this might upset a few people...) but personally it annoys me when a piece of works is nominated and then several other posts with 'I also nominate x', 'yes I agree, I nominate x too'... and so on. You only need to nominate a piece of work ONCE for it to be included in the voting poll, by repeatedly nominating the same figure, it's a wasted nomination and it means some other people don't get a look in.

If someone has already nominated your first choice, have a look around, see if there is a good second choice to nominate instead (I know plenty of months there are soooo many to choose from, it can't be that hard!)

I see plenty of figures each month where people have ACTUALLY replied on the thread saying 'Wow, this is KOTM material!!' etc etc... and then don't bother to nominate it!

Anyway, minor rant over
    Sensible idea. One thing I do is when I see something that I think is KOTM-worthy is copy the URL and paste it in the last day of that month in my Outlook diary. When Mike posts the new KOTM nom thread I have all the info right there.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, please don't think that...
    No problem. I just had a need to show off my self-criticism skills
    Ars gratia artis. (art for art's sake)

I see plenty of figures each month where people have ACTUALLY replied on the thread saying 'Wow, this is KOTM material!!' etc etc... and then don't bother to nominate it!

Yep, I see that a lot too. Low budget.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Kitbash of the Month - some clarification - Added Guide to Linking Nominatio

It would be easier to stop the ocean tides, than to halt multiple nominations of the same work.

As for those who have difficulty linking their choice, here is what you want to copy and paste. It is at the top of the page.

You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -